Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    worker drone 250+ Posts

Canon IR 3225 and 3235 both jamming J1011-01

Have two machines as mentioned in the same location doing exact same thing. It only happens on longer runs and symptoms identical. Feeding into finisher, It starts making a "popping sound". It will get louder and then start nicking the lead edge of the paper (11" LEF) towards the operator side about a third of the way back. Eventually, it will jam with code 1011-01 and be rolling up in the finisher entrance guides. Cannot see where it is nicking or where the noise comes from. I suspect the way it behaves in long runs only, it is a clutch heating up and overdriving for a popping noise and maybe a gate catching causing the nick? Looking for the voice of experience here. Sure appreciate and advice.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Canon IR 3225 and 3235 both jamming J1011-01

Quote Originally Posted by Coptech View Post
    Have two machines as mentioned in the same location doing exact same thing. It only happens on longer runs and symptoms identical. Feeding into finisher, It starts making a "popping sound". It will get louder and then start nicking the lead edge of the paper (11" LEF) towards the operator side about a third of the way back. Eventually, it will jam with code 1011-01 and be rolling up in the finisher entrance guides. Cannot see where it is nicking or where the noise comes from. I suspect the way it behaves in long runs only, it is a clutch heating up and overdriving for a popping noise and maybe a gate catching causing the nick? Looking for the voice of experience here. Sure appreciate and advice.
    Hello,
    You did not indicate that you checked the code from its manual. If you say "longer runs", how long does it run before the symptoms occur? You did not indicate what efforts you have put up in trying to solve it. You can take cover from location of the clutch or any other suspected area and do visual inspection?

worker drone 250+ Posts

Probably after 50 pages, it will start the noise. Then it progresses over the next maybe 20 prints. Took the top off of the finisher and looked for obvious. Jam is not making the fusing entrance sensor which makes you feel it happens prior to finisher. Noise sounds like from finisher but hard to tell.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Probably after 50 pages, it will start the noise. Then it progresses over the next maybe 20 prints. Took the top off of the finisher and looked for obvious. Jam is not making the fusing entrance sensor which makes you feel it happens prior to finisher. Noise sounds like from finisher but hard to tell.
    To be sure, could you detach the finisher for the machine to stand alone during copying? That will let you know if the problem is coming from the fuser exit. It will make it easier for you to trace. The jam code indicates the copy does not enter the finisher on time, causing the finisher inlet sensor to record an error.
    If everything is working fine, then your next option is to inspect the rollers, gears, and clutches when the noise is coming. The noise is surely coming because a revolution is being obstructed.

worker drone 250+ Posts

Good plan to narrow the scope of field. Really puzzles me how both machines are 20 feet apart and do the exact same thing.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Good plan to narrow the scope of field. Really puzzles me how both machines are 20 feet apart and do the exact same thing.
    Let's see if the cause is peculiar with the machine or maybe there might be a remote cause of that fault.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

You should remove all the damper pads for all the sensor flags and the gates on the door. These can cause jams when they get old and sticky. Especially the registration flag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worker drone 250+ Posts

Thanks, both machines are in an accountant's office so unless they get real bad, my time to tear into them will be limited before tax time ends April 15th. I am just trying to get a good train of thought to be prepared. Thanks for all suggestions.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

It doesn’t take long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worker drone 250+ Posts

Understood. I actually thought about the pads and did check them for sticking. The problem is opposite what my experience with sticking pads was. They used to jam after sitting awhile but once they broke free, seemed to work until they got a chance to stick again. Still, very good info and it is on my list to check. Removing the finisher will be a bit more time involved. It is almost like it runs awhile, something starts to "jump time", and nicks the pages, and shortly after that, it is enough to create the jam. I just can't believe that two machines in two different rooms but maybe 15-20 feet apart came up with the exact same oddball problem at the exact same time. strange huh?