Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Canon C2030 imagerunner advanced E0025-000

General service call with CQ issues. Yellow Toner dumping and on laser unit! removed laser unit and cleaned, reassembled and tested. Ran tests ok! customer ran large job and after 25 pages E0025-000 which is yellow toner motor. Tried turning by hand, Very difficult cyan and magenta much easier. Ran another set and motor tried to drive but would not. The customer uses aftermarket toner. I'm thinking about replacing the hopper unit for that color and possible yellow drum due to dumping! It looks difficult to remove the hopper and clean so im thinking just replacing. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon C2030 imagerunner advanced E0025-000

Re: Canon C2030 imagerunner advanced E0025-000

Aftermarket Toner ��

If this was my customer, they would pay for all parts & labor, and if they had a service contract, it would violate the terms.

? Aftermarket must be in other colors.
    Future Issues on the horizon.

Hope u didn't OK this toner ?
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Aftermarket Toner ��

If this was my customer, they would pay for all parts & labor, and if they had a service contract, it would violate the terms.

? Aftermarket must be in other colors.
    Future Issues on the horizon.

Hope u didn't OK this toner ?
    I told the guy I work for my opinion of aftermarket toner and he always takes offenses to it! He wonders why the drums don't go the full life! Oh, then he complains about the cost of the drum units! When those drums start to get to old do they usually dump lots of toner? I pulled the laser unit and there was lots of yellow toner all over.

Quote Originally Posted by acsolutions View Post
    I told the guy I work for my opinion of aftermarket toner and he always takes offenses to it! He wonders why the drums don't go the full life! Oh, then he complains about the cost of the drum units! When those drums start to get to old do they usually dump lots of toner? I pulled the laser unit and there was lots of yellow toner all over.
    If he want's an answer, revert to your prior opinion... Non OEM toner creates problems as fast as you can solve them..

Oh, and yes, c2xxxi copiers dumps toner when the drums wear out or fail... On any servicecall on these types with complaints of color bands, lines I take drums with me. 99 out of a 100 times I need to replace them...
    Johan