Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Canon DR-9080C Jamming

My customer had one of these that i discussed in the last post that had a "scanner out of memory error" whenever he set it to pull 11x17 on autodetect. He was able to bypass this memory issue for a while by changing it to either scan double letter or custom size. Then one day nothing would take, one page would give him the out of memory error.

Then he purchased a rebuilt scanner from me...i rebuilt it in the office and cleaned everything. Ran thousands of pages without one single jam. Ran 1,000 11x17 on autodetect the day he came to pick it up and not one jam or out of memory issue. Just got a call this morning saying the first sheet he ran jammed. (We won't know about the memory issue, if any, until pages actually go through). Upon further conversation i find out that he is running 11.5"x18". The machine specs say the max is 12x17. So to me it makes sense why its jamming. But he says for the past 3 weeks he has been running this exact size of paper through this same model of machine without any issue (besides the memory issue at the end)

I'm not sure what to do from here...should this machine be able to do that size? Was the other one just doing it by chance or is there a setting i can change?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Canon DR-9080C Jamming

Ok i answered the first part of my question...the machine was not set to long document mode. which is in user mode U10-1. So now its feeding the page.

Still having the memory issue though. Is it the computer it's being scanned to? He said its on a computer with 2 terabytes of storage

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Canon DR-9080C Jamming

Could it have something to do with the name of the file its being saved as? He has to scan it and save it as a TIFF file. and all the file names begin with the word DEED_**** followed by the number of the deed.

Just spit balling