Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    1435 update firmware fails USB and Network

1435 update firmware fails USB and Network

I am only working on one of these. Big trouble updating. My laptop will not detect the machine USB and neither will the office workstation. So the update tool has IP put it in and it will not install. Give message about hooking up USB and rebooting. Also tried USB drive for special. No go there either and I dont have a Copier/ system/ download to turn on either. Just import or export there. I have solid coms over crossover cable and customers workstation so the ethernet path config is not a problem.

All I can think of is to try and find the Original CD and try to get USB communication. What and I doing wrong?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: 1435 update firmware fails USB and Network

For USB you need to switch the device into the download mode:

1) Start the PC.

2) Connect the device to the PC with the USB cable.
    3) Turn on the device on standby.

4) Press [Menu] key to upgrade firmware in User mode. System Settings > Update Firmware
    The message, "Will you restart the device to upgrade firmware?", is shown on the display. Select [Yes].

5) Press [OK] to automatically restart the device. "***DOWNLOAD MODE***" is shown on the display.

6) Wait for the motor of the host machine to stop.

Or Via Internet:
    Select to automatically install the firmware update without using a computer.

Preparation
    1) Check that there are no other jobs being executed.

2) In an environment where access is obtained via a proxy server, the proxy setting is made from the remote UI.

3) Check that the serial number of the host machine is shown on the Main Controller PCB.

NOTE: To upgrade the firmware of the host machine via Internet, the serial number of the machine need to be written on the Main Controller PCB. Execute COPIER > FUNCTION > MISC-P> SPEC, and check that the BODY No. is registered. If the BODY No. has not been registered, register the serial number.

Procedure

1) Press the [Menu] key, and update the firmware via the Internet in user mode. System Management Settings > Update Firmware > Via Internet