Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Canon C7010 - Weak Black

Quote Originally Posted by tbyabachwezi View Post
    Ok but if you think the toner is not good then go ahead and change it, if problem still there let us know but also it could be the problem with the way toner traveling to the developer. Coz you said if you change the dev print dark for sometime then fainted it could be due to lack of toner inside developer try to add some toner to the developer manual then see what happen
    Ok, I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Do you know if there is a software control for manually adding toner, or do I need to physically remove the dev ay and pour it in while turning the gears?

Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by neoboy3000 View Post
    Do you know if there is a software control for manually adding toner, or do I need to physically remove the dev ay and pour it in while turning the gears?
    I know there is a sensor which control amount of toner in the dev but there range of voltage so by not adding too much it will be ok.

Ok, so I found the controls in the service software to adjust the upper and lower toner target densities and have been playing with them a bit. I managed to get the prints to come out much darker than before, though maybe not quite 100% just yet. I read in some service notes to try running a couple hundred copies after changing the setting to allow the adjustments to take effect and it seems to be working. Might still try adding a little toner manually to see if I can perk it up some more, but for the time being we'll try running some less sensitive jobs on it and see if it continues to improve. For the record, the settings I adjusted are

Lv2 - COPIER>ADJUST>DENS>HLMT-PTK (upper target density)
    Lv2- COPIER>ADJUST>DENS>LLMT-PTK (lower target density)
    Pages 18-145 and 18-146 of C7010 service manual version 6

I don't know if your issue is resolved now but I think it has to do with a blockage in the black hub unit. It is not supplying enough tonner into the developer to print strongly.
    Remove the black hub unit to make sure there is no blockag. Also you for the mean time manually fill the developer unit with some of the tonner but it will fade again when it is used up.

Engineer

Post Re: Canon C7010 - Weak Black

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson101 View Post
    I don't know if your issue is resolved now but I think it has to do with a blockage in the black hub unit. It is not supplying enough tonner into the developer to print strongly.
    Remove the black hub unit to make sure there is no blockag. Also you for the mean time manually fill the developer unit with some of the tonner but it will fade again when it is used up.
    Thanks guys for your reply I solved it and the problem was blockage in the black hub unit. It was not supplying enough tonner into the developer​ unit

Thanks, I'll have to look into that. My adjustments to the lower and upper limits did not work, I'm getting en error 20-0492, which is related to those readings.