Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Canon IR4570

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Canon IR4570

Canon IR4570

I have a canon IR4570 that is smearing copies & prints. It doesn’t do it on everyone though. It will run 10 pages and sometimes they will all smudge & sometimes non of them are smudge. Or every few are smudged or only 1 out of 10 is smudged. Literally the toner is not fused to the paper and will rub off aon your hands. But again it doesn’t do it on all the pages and some pages are perfectly fused...
    tia for any help

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Re: Canon IR4570

FWIW, I had something similar on the previous generation, the Power supply for the fuser was not getting the fuser temp hot enough. Was able to confirm in service mode as I ran prints looking at the fuser temp in service mode. Mine was more consistent however.

This also depends on what type of media you have in the tray. For example, if you load cover stock in a tray and it is labeled "plain paper" toner will rub off. Check your paper drawer settings under "Settings/Registration", "Preferences" and choose Paper settings. Be sure it is set to the proper media type for proper operation.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Canon IR4570

Another thing to look at is how many clicks on the machine. If I remember my PM charts correctly, the 45 ppm fusers are rated for 240K. If you're at or near that volume, it's likely going to need a replacement.

Keep in mind that the iR4570 is a 15 year old machine (released in 2004), so it might be time for an update.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Canon IR4570

Re: Canon IR3570

The machine is actually an IR 3570 & has about 470,000 clicks and I have replaced the entire fixing film assembly due to this issue hoping that would fix it.