Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Canon pixma MX 882 ink absorber reset

Hi guys, i am a little embarrassed to post this about a POS junk. but as things get slow, i try to fix what they call on.

the man said that it shows a message about the ink pad full or ? and maybe a BXXX code.

i googled and you tubed and there are a few about holding the power and stop (they call resume) and then hitting resume a few times and rebooting.

is there a way to actually reset this model? one quarry said that the canon has a sensor that detects the full presence of ink in the pad. if this is the case, then resetting it may be futile or senseless. and resetting without changing it may allow a flood of ink. egads. glad its not my desk. and i generally don't bother messing with this type machine, as its time consuming only to discover that there are no new parts sold any darn how.

i generally just tell people to get a new one. but if this can be reset, and hold, why not.

are there any ink jet experts that can advise to bother with it or not??

i remember maybe ?? 15 or 20 years ago how one ink jet had a pump that purged the ink and it went to the bottom of the machine. then after it got full, it drench and shorted out the main board.

ah, you gotta love it.

have a nice evening, Jim

Re: Canon pixma MX 882 ink absorber reset

there is a canon service tool .. but you need to be a canon authorise repair to get it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Canon pixma MX 882 ink absorber reset

ok, so that's the only way to clear it??

without the tool, those you tube hold this button, and press that button wont do it?

Thank you very much, and Happy Friday, Jim