Senior Tech 100+ Posts

IR5045 Advance Toner Leak

Hello,
    I am having problem with the Magenta color in an IR5045 Advance. As the machine started working normal, it suddenly showed E020-0291. I had to remove the drum assembly to discover continuous toner leak. I checked and found the developer unit to be working fine. I even replaced it to see the same result (toner leak). it continues until E20-2B1 (small amount of toner in developing assembly) showed. What might probably cause the leak, as from visual inspection, the toner buffer sits exactly on the inlet to the end of the developer unit?
    Hoping to count on your kind suggestions.

Technician

Re: IR5045 Advance Toner Leak

Quote Originally Posted by Andyboachie View Post
    Hello,
    I am having problem with the Magenta color in an IR5045 Advance. As the machine started working normal, it suddenly showed E020-0291. I had to remove the drum assembly to discover continuous toner leak. I checked and found the developer unit to be working fine. I even replaced it to see the same result (toner leak). it continues until E20-2B1 (small amount of toner in developing assembly) showed. What might probably cause the leak, as from visual inspection, the toner buffer sits exactly on the inlet to the end of the developer unit?
    Hoping to count on your kind suggestions.

I have this error code. I had to replace the hooper unit.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: IR5045 Advance Toner Leak

Quote Originally Posted by apoxi View Post
    I have this error code. I had to replace the hooper unit.
    Thanks for that idea! All signals point to the outlet from the magenta hopper unit. Because the toner appear deposited at the neck of the inlet to the developer unit. I will work on that tomorrow.