Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Canon Paper Deck B2 on C5250i not recognized and opening when machine is switched on

Hello everyone,

I have here a used Canon Paper Deck B2 I mounted on a C5250i. But the machine does not recognize the Paper Deck. Furthermore, the Paper Deck opens immediately after switching on the host machine and I'm not able to close the Paper Deck when the machine is switched on. Only when I turn off the machine can I close the drawer and then it stays closed. Could it be a firmware issue?

Thank you!

Patrick

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Canon Paper Deck B2 on C5250i not recognized and opening when machine is switched

Quote Originally Posted by pdy-pt View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have here a used Canon Paper Deck B2 I mounted on a C5250i. But the machine does not recognize the Paper Deck. Furthermore, the Paper Deck opens immediately after switching on the host machine and I'm not able to close the Paper Deck when the machine is switched on. Only when I turn off the machine can I close the drawer and then it stays closed. Could it be a firmware issue?

Thank you!

Patrick
    There should be a switch that controls the the closure of the deck. After you find it, use an object(probably a screwdriver) to press as you turn the host machine on. You can then find out that it is the switch that malfunctions or the PCB to the paper deck. Expect the need to change any of the two! Hoping you get out of this.