Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Unhappy Canon IR 3300i printing with black lines

Hi everyone - I figured I would jump right in with a problem. WE have a Canon ImageRunner 3300i and it is now printing documents with 3 thin black lines horizontally near the top of the page. It is also printing text off centered as well. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thx - John

Technician
    Are you getting thin lines when you coping? as well as printing ?
    If you getting line when making copies and print is o.k, then clen the small glass on the left there may be dirty or spots on the glass,
    If both copy and print has lines, then possibley from drum unit or fusing film.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Canon IR 3300i printing with black lines

Is this happening when you are printing or copying or both? If it is printing with the lines I would say that you need to replace the photoreceptor. It could be the fixing film though. Pull out the drum to check. Is the misregistration a new problem or has it been there for a while. Also is this happening when you print vs copy?

Has anyone asked if the guy is a tech before swamping him with technical how to's?
    My advice?
    You need a tech to visit for a general service and PM.

Technician
    Check the drum first.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    Has anyone asked if the guy is a tech before swamping him with technical how to's?
    My advice?
    You need a tech to visit for a general service and PM.
    You are 100% correct! I am not a certified tech, just your average IT Geek working in my IT department. I am comfortable opening the machine up and swapping out parts (which we have a huge inventory of) but I have no clear-cut directions on how to change these items.

BTW - the problem only happens when the user prints to the machine and the black lines are very fine at the top of the page. There are two fine lines about 3/4 of an inch from the top and a 3rd line approximately 2 1/2 inches from the top. The copy also is tilted off center from left to right.

Technician
    OK fellas - here is a little more info. I just tried a nice clean page of text and ran it through the feeder on copy and it came out perfectly lined up but there are still the same lines as when I go to print. I just printed another Word document and it printed correctly aligned but still has the black lines running through it. So, I will assume that the misalignment was inherent to that one document. Therefore I'm going to only focus on fixing the black line issue if you guys can walk me through it or link me to a repair manual.
    Thx - John

Diffenately drum, if m/c done more than 80k since it was last replaced. Open front door, lower transfer bed(handle on left) rack dev unit away(blue handle on right). Unscrew drum and pull out(big thumb screw right in front!). You then should set drum up in service mode, but one step at a time!

Technician
    Thx Paul - I can do all of that but I'm a little confused about the service mode part. Can you explain that to me?
    Thx - John

If I order this from ebay is that all I need to fix this?
    http://www.printcountry.com/products...ef=googlebase#
    Last edited by John G; 10-10-2008 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Part found

Dont worry about it yet. Stick the drum in and copies will improve. That is the correct drum. We use Katun drums just as good and not as expensive, good for 80k