Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Canon IRA C5030i stuck in sleep mode

Hi,
    I have a Canon IRA C5030i with a finisher attached to it.
    Yesterday I had to print 250 sheets A3, fold only (on the finisher). Every 30 pages the copier tells you to remove the paper from the output bin (the finisher's output bin, the one from the bottom where the folded ones come out) and after that it continues printing.
    The problem was that after about 100 sheets or so, I had an emergency and I had to go. I left the printer working, and i thought that after 30 pages it will stop, request to remove the paper from the output bin, and I'll continue in the morning.
    Surprise, in the morning I found the copier stuck in Sleep Mode and I couldn't wake it up. I stopped it from the power button, remove the cable from the wall, remove the lan cable, but it simply won't start.
    When I press the Power Button (the big one from the side) it looks like it wants to start, the display lights for a split second and goes dark again, the first led from the right in on, but nothing else happens. When I flip the switch to OFF it stops in one second, not like when it's really on (then it takes maybe 20-30 seconds).
    I believe it's somehow stuck in sleep mode and I have no idea what to do...
    Please help!

English is not my native language, so I apologize for any mistakes.
    Thank you!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Re: Canon IRA C5030i stuck in sleep mode

No, it isn't simply in sleep mode. Sounds like you have a error where the device will not boot up. Could be a HDD, main controller or a power supply. If you are a tech, see how far the task bar goes upon boot up, see if you can get in service mode. You can also try booting up while holding 2 and 4 at the same time and have the device perform a diagnostic test. If you are not a tech, you will likely need one. There isn't a cut and dried fix for this, could be a few things depending on the exact symptoms.