Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

IR Adv 8285 Pro - Jam 0111

Hi all,

I have a problem with the above machine jamming with code 0111. It happens on both simplex & duplex.
    The drum separation claws have been replaced recently but the machine continues to jam every day.

The rear separation claw actually broke last week then I replaced it. Tested and working fine

Today the first print they sent -same jam code??

8285i - jam 0111_2.jpgThis is what is happening...the paper does not reach the fuser.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Re: IR Adv 8285 Pro - Jam 0111

Sounds like no separation along the ETB. Basic printer 101, change the ETB andf Coronas if they are above life and see where that takes you. If you still encounter the paper going into the drum sep claws then start looking to see if there is separation current being produced. ALWAYS start with the consumables and proceed from there.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    Sounds like no separation along the ETB. Basic printer 101, change the ETB and Coronas if they are above life and see where that takes you. If you still encounter the paper going into the drum sep claws then start looking to see if there is separation current being produced. ALWAYS start with the consumables and proceed from there.
    Thanks @Roho

I've changed the ETB and both the corona units but the machine is still jamming...
    I have a feeling that it may be temperature related, it's winter here and very cold!

How would I check if the separation current is being produced?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

How cold is it? It may have something to do with that and the paper. I would try different sizes and LTR R or A4R, see if that makes a difference. I would also bring some fresh paper myself to rule that out.

If paper does not seem to make a difference then I would begin checking HVT performance in service mode while running test prints. In service mode 2, display, you can see various currents during machine operation.