Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Imagerunner Advance 4235 e0601-111 after power failure

Customer reported a power failure overnight due to a storm. They had moved the machine
    and did not use the surge protector I always include with an install.
    I was able to get to the copy screen although it took longer than usual. It was reported that they
    could not access the fax. It also took longer for it to boot up. The fax ICON would turn yellow for a few
    moments then go back to normal. After that the power would have to be cycled to select any other icon.
    I disconnected the small board for the fax connector and powered it up. That's when it started the code E602-1111.
    And now that's all it does. I can get into service mode and run the clear error. I did not check mush else except
    the counters page. It would not display the meter count.

E00602-1111
    Description Error in /APL_MEAP.
    Remedy
    This is the error which usually does not occur in Read/Write
    level.
    1. Check the Cable and Power Connector.
    2. If the measures above do not solve the problem, it can
    be caused by HDD failure; therefore, replace the HDD and
    reinstall the system.

I noticed in the manual an HDD chk. It said to use after chk type. I'm not sure of the type to use. It does have on for the meap stuff, which
    the code refers to. But after the power failure I'm thinking just to do the whole disc.
    Am I on the right track?
    Any advice? I don't get many calls like this. I'm told I can get an HDD pre-loaded from HyTec.

Thanks

DR

Field Engineer 100+ Posts fchu5959's Avatar

Re: Imagerunner Advance 4235 e0601-111 after power failure

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    Customer reported a power failure overnight due to a storm. They had moved the machine
    and did not use the surge protector I always include with an install.
    I was able to get to the copy screen although it took longer than usual. It was reported that they
    could not access the fax. It also took longer for it to boot up. The fax ICON would turn yellow for a few
    moments then go back to normal. After that the power would have to be cycled to select any other icon.
    I disconnected the small board for the fax connector and powered it up. That's when it started the code E602-1111.
    And now that's all it does. I can get into service mode and run the clear error. I did not check mush else except
    the counters page. It would not display the meter count.

E00602-1111
    Description Error in /APL_MEAP.
    Remedy
    This is the error which usually does not occur in Read/Write
    level.
    1. Check the Cable and Power Connector.
    2. If the measures above do not solve the problem, it can
    be caused by HDD failure; therefore, replace the HDD and
    reinstall the system.

I noticed in the manual an HDD chk. It said to use after chk type. I'm not sure of the type to use. It does have on for the meap stuff, which
    the code refers to. But after the power failure I'm thinking just to do the whole disc.
    Am I on the right track?
    Any advice? I don't get many calls like this. I'm told I can get an HDD pre-loaded from HyTec.

Thanks

DR

First of all,try an HD-CLEAR for the area of "MEAP application (TYPE 11)".Then restart the machine.

If this does not solve the problem,format the HDD and reinstall the system software.

If still the problem is not solved, Replace the HDD and reinstall the software.

Good luck.

Thank you for the reply. I will give this a try and let you know
    the results.

DR

fchu5959,
    I did what you suggested and it did not change anything. So I did a check disc on the whole HDD and it came back NG.
    Next I disconnected the entire fax board and powered up. No code but something still isn't right. It will open the ICONS
    on the main screen and let me make a copy and it still prints. Open the scan and access the address book and it locks up
    the operator screen til the power is cycled.
    The counter button does not display the counters and the settings button does not open the settings/registration stuff.
    And I got a call today that it will only let three or four copies be made before the start button does not illuminate.
    From service I could print test prints but not the "P print" from Function. I usually print this out and keep it with the machine.
    But some customers throw it away. Like this one, that also moved the machine & did not re-use the surge suppressor that I always
    include with each machine.

After talking with Hytec, the conclusion is 1st try reloading the firmware, if that don't work it may need the main board #2,
    or a hard drive. If I need the HDD I will get it from Hytec with the firmware pre-loaded. It does not seem to have a problem
    printing.

Well as an indy I am not able to go to the canon web site and download firmware, I believe. I am told that I can download
    the firmware with a thumb drive and I do have a couple of those.

If anyone could be so kind as to lend me the firmware it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

DR

Technician

push star and 1&7with each other and then 3&9 and then star you will see group of numbers push 1 and then will see all ram clear put 2 and ok and see the result

Thank you everyone for your help and advice. Replacing the HDD with the firmware pre-loaded from Nationwide
    did the trick. And the fax started working again also.

All is well

Thanks

DR