Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Angry Canon IRA C5235 Cyan paper jam.

Canon IRA C5235, it got paper jam in the Fuser Unit only when it printed Cyan or Full Color, making "Ge, ge, ge...." noise, no matter what sizes of paper. But when it printed in B/W or Magenta or Yellow, or K/M/Y together, it's good, no jam at all. The paper jam can happen in all drawers. There is no error code, jam code is 0107 or 0109. I have changed the ITB transfer belt and the fuser unit, the same thing happened. I changed the Cyan developer, it was good for a week, then got paper jam again. I used original toner, and I notice there is a "dent mark" in the bottle. I also notice when it got jam, the Cyan color is lighter than normal. So I thought, when the Cyan toner ran out in the developer, the machine tried to get Cyan toner, but there is a problem in turning the toner into the developer unit, then it generated the paper jam. Anyone has any ideal about this? Which parts should I change? Thanks a lot.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Canon IRA C5235 Cyan paper jam.

Re: Canon IRA C5235 Cyan paper jam.

I had that a few years back and it was bad OEM toner, thus the reason a new dv unit works for a little while. That's exactly what happened to me. Had to clean out the hopper and change dv again. I knew there was a reason I hated color copiers

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Brian8506 View Post
    I had that a few years back and it was bad OEM toner, thus the reason a new dv unit works for a little while. That's exactly what happened to me. Had to clean out the hopper and change dv again. I knew there was a reason I hated color copiers
    Thanks for your reply. I did change the Second New Cyan toner, but the machine was still the same jam. Will that be something wrong in the Toner Hopper?

reliable tech

[QUOTE=magictoner;789888]Canon IRA C5235, it got paper jam in the Fuser Unit only when it printed Cyan or Full Color, making "Ge, ge, ge...." noise, no matter what sizes of paper. But when it printed in B/W or Magenta or Yellow, or K/M/Y together, it's good, no jam at all. The paper jam can happen in all drawers. There is no error code, jam code is 0107 or 0109. I have changed the ITB transfer belt and the fuser unit, the same thing happened. I changed the Cyan developer, it was good for a week, then got paper jam again. I used original toner, and I notice there is a "dent mark" in the bottle. I also notice when it got jam, the Cyan color is lighter than normal. So I thought, when the Cyan toner ran out in the developer, the machine tried to get Cyan toner, but there is a problem in turning the toner into the developer unit, then it generated the paper jam. Anyone has any ideal about this? Which parts should I change? Thanks a lot.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
    clean the cyan hopper and replace the developer unit & toner at the same time ,then check

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by magictoner View Post
    Canon IRA C5235, it got paper jam in the Fuser Unit only when it printed Cyan or Full Color, making "Ge, ge, ge...." noise, no matter what sizes of paper. But when it printed in B/W or Magenta or Yellow, or K/M/Y together, it's good, no jam at all. The paper jam can happen in all drawers. There is no error code, jam code is 0107 or 0109. I have changed the ITB transfer belt and the fuser unit, the same thing happened. I changed the Cyan developer, it was good for a week, then got paper jam again. I used original toner, and I notice there is a "dent mark" in the bottle. I also notice when it got jam, the Cyan color is lighter than normal. So I thought, when the Cyan toner ran out in the developer, the machine tried to get Cyan toner, but there is a problem in turning the toner into the developer unit, then it generated the paper jam. Anyone has any ideal about this? Which parts should I change? Thanks a lot.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Looks like something is causing abnormal cyan density,
    Clean the ps sensors and perform gradation adjustment first,
    Check the cyan ralated value for dev and ps sensor value.
    Or print a small image to see it has too much cyan or not.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts nicknt82's Avatar

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Check Cyan Drum and Cyan Drum Driver behind machine ( they have disk and sensor to check drum rotation)

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
    On your test chart 10 it looks like the cyan is missing unless you turned it off. There is a coupler at the end of the cyan developer that needs a new one. X shaped. New style has a pin. Old style is black and d shaped hole strips. I had a black toner problem that customer bought off web. I had a black toner problem with a different color copier. If it is toner you need to replace developer unit with the toner.

Technician

Thanks for all your replies. Finally I changed the developer motor, FK2-7303. No more noise, everything is fine now.
    Moto.jpg