Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Canon IR5070 E004-010

I've gotten this code after a failure -- and repair -- of the broken retainer clip. Ended up replacing the UFR bearings, collars and the thermistor assembly. At first, it would _sometimes_ not completely fuse on the front side of the copy; now the code.

The code isn't in the manual.

At first, the shutter wasn't in properly, but I thought I remedied that. This machine is relatively new with very few copies on it. Can anyone shed some light on where I've gone wrong?

Thanks!

Manav

Wink IR series error code

i have ir series error code pdf might this be useful to u if u would like to receive it send a email at : manav_nisar@rediffmail.com

mjarbar
    Hello,

I don't know if the following will help at all as you may be missing a digit from the last part of the error code so I have pasted the lot of them!!!

From what you describe it sounds as though you aren't getting a uniform spread of heat through the rollers to fuse the entire image. My first stop would be the check the continuity across the heating lamps and also the thermoswitches. It might be an idea to check the thermistor as well because if there are any underlying problems it may have dragged this down again even though you have just replaced it.

E004 The IH power supply is faulty/the IH control mechanism is faulty.
    After correcting the fault, be sure to reset the error.
    (COPIER>FUNCTION>CLEAR>ERR)
    0101 There is a mismatch between the input
    voltage and the IH power supply ID.
    Replace the fixing heater power supply
    with one designed for the country of
    installation (voltage).
    Code Description Remedy
    0102 The IH current is faulty. (current leakage) - Check the connector for any fault in
    connection.
    - Replace the fixing heater power supply.
    - Replace the DC controller PCB.
    0103 The IH current is faulty. (no current)
    0104 There is an IH over-current.
    0105 The IH input voltage is too high.
    0106 The IH input voltage is too low.

Best of luck.

it sounds like the shutter to me I would go back and check the shutter alingment. It maybe going to the incorrect paper size.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    First, thanks for all the help. I've lnog felt copier servicing was almost as much an art as a science, and the input of others has always been integral in the advancement of the art. Thanks, again, guys!

I've gone back (twice) and checked the shutter -- removed the heater and reassembled -- but I don't know.

I'm not a "regular" Canon tech, but I've been doing this a long time, and followed the manual to a "T". It seems there is only one way to put the shutter in. Is there a trick I'm missing?.

As to the "smearing", or inconsistent fusing, it may well be the LFR; I swapped it around (front side to back, back side to front) and the lack of fixing moved too so probably the trouble is that. I misspoke earlier; there are 405K copies on the meter, so it's near time to change the LFR anyway.

But I still have not been able to resolve the definition of the E004-010 code. Since I don't have access to Canon tech support, I've had to query third party sources...so far no luck. I'll post the info when (if) I get it.

According to the Canon Manual E004 is a problem with Induction heater power supply, there are several sub codes. Check the following -fixing heater connector, replace fixing heater power supply, replace DC controller. The normal Canon manual BS

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by developer dumper View Post
    According to the Canon Manual E004 is a problem with Induction heater power supply, there are several sub codes. Check the following -fixing heater connector, replace fixing heater power supply, replace DC controller. The normal Canon manual BS
    Yeah, I got that. There are several sub-codes under E004, each pointing to a different component in the chain, all relative to the IH section.

It's reasonable, I think, to assume the "010" sub-code refers to something NOT pointed to by the other sub-codes, isn't it? It's omission in the manual leads to me to believe Canon doesn't expect techs to run into this code very often. (Witness the "E000246" code I ran into last week). That's where I come in; I'll find the problems scattered to the furthest reaches of copier-dom; it may be my forte (or is that curse?).

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    e004 -010 simply means the original error code has not been reset in service mode and the power has been switched off and on without this happening.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canonclc View Post
    e004 -010 simply means the original error code has not been reset in service mode and the power has been switched off and on without this happening.
    This thread is 2 YEARS old, your help would be best applied to topics that were newer... looking forward to your sharing of your acquired knowledge with the group.

Has anyone got any updated info on this topic????