Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

canon iR3300(defaults to stack bypaSS SCREEN)

ir3300(defaults to stack bypass setting mode
    every time the copier is switched on the display shown manula feed tray settings, paper size and type of paper.

When you set up on standards setting auto mode and switch copier on and off , the display revert back to manual feed tray settings option.

I have tried many times to set up standards setting and iniatialised the settings but no joy, in the user setting mode.
    ONLY HAPPENS WHEN THE COPIER IN SWITCHED ON/OFF.

I would appreciate if some one could help please.
    Last edited by apollo; 11-20-2008 at 03:16 PM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    canon iR3300(defaults to stack bypaSS SCREEN)

In most cases I've seen the bypass Tray, when it is open will do this. The machine thinks you are trying to add paper to this tray. Close the tray. If it is already closed, it may be a door switch in that tray. Also there are setting to default set the Bypass Tray to a certain size paper.

Hope this helps

The work around is to tell the bypass that yes...you have paper(i.e. A4,plain paper) hit ok and select any of the other trays as normal.
    However...behind the cover of the manual feed there is a cover with 2 sensors sitting on it.
    They are actuated by a plastic molding that tends to break after a while.
    Hard to describe the exact location...but strip apart the bypass and you'll find the broken piece I'm referring to.

Thanks for the reply.

I have set up defaults A4 and Plain paper and pressed ok, thats fine and comes up with normal display auto.
    The copier can be used all day no prob, but when you power down by the main s/w and on again the manual feed screen option comes up and have to the same all the time.

I left the tray open as well as closed and the tray works fine on another copier
    I have even changed the whole manual feed tray , but no joy.
    Please help

Working thanks

Thanks very much OZE, checked the lower feed machanisn and there are 2 sensor actuctor and on one of the the flag was brocken, so the copier thinks there paper and was defaulting to manual fee option all time.

now working thank you so much.

The sensor are located on where the large feed tyre is just underneath the manul feed tray where you load paper is that helps anyone who has this fault