Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    CANON  C3220 Problems, PLEASE HELP!

CANON C3220 Problems, PLEASE HELP!

I have this Canon C3220 copier giving a 732 Error Code.. I did everthing Canon suggested, and replaced the reader control board, and the cable. Reset the MCON and it came back to life. Worked for about a week... Error 732 came back again. Tried reseting again. Reseated all the connectors the Main Controller. Made sure they were all good.. Now No Display.. Great

Went back over the connectors and the display returned OK ! scanner came up and worked. Printed a test page from the Computer Fine..

As I went to leave the office the Display went dead again. No print or any thing. I am ready to go back with a sawed off shotgun and put this copier
    out of MY misery.

Any help would be appreciated
    Tim

canon 3220 732 code/blank display

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C View Post
    I have this Canon C3220 copier giving a 732 Error Code.. I did everthing Canon suggested, and replaced the reader control board, and the cable. Reset the MCON and it came back to life. Worked for about a week... Error 732 came back again. Tried reseting again. Reseated all the connectors the Main Controller. Made sure they were all good.. Now No Display.. Great

Went back over the connectors and the display returned OK ! scanner came up and worked. Printed a test page from the Computer Fine..

As I went to leave the office the Display went dead again. No print or any thing. I am ready to go back with a sawed off shotgun and put this copier
    out of MY misery.

Any help would be appreciated
    Tim
    make sure your back cover is not pushing in on controller board assy especially if too long a screw had this very prob would work fine with cover off would short display after installing cover. jprecht

I'd be looking at swapping in another main controller pcb.
    It MUST be from another 3220 though and not a 3200.
    It sounds like there's a fuse issue...dry solder maybe.

Error E732-001 on a iR3320i

Symptom
    Error code E732-0001 showing up on copier.

Cause
    Replaced the Reader Controller and the Main Controller in the copier and it appeared the error E732 had gone away, as there was only the Mailbox option on the screen. After changing the DC Controller, it was realized that the error E732 was still present from viewing the error log in service mode.

Action
    Referring to a previous TechBase posting for the error E732, it mentioned that the solution to this problem was the ADF Contoller PCB. Tried this and still didn't work. Ended up replacing the DDI-S Power Supply cable (FG6-4985-020) and this fixed the problem...
    LCD on Control Panel Does Not Come ON Remaining Black and Error Codes E602-0001, E732-0001, E804-0004 : iR C3200 Series

Symptom
    1. LCD on control panel does not come on remaining black.
    2. E602-0001 error code at about 5 sec. after the power is turned ON.
    3. About 2 min. 40 sec. after the power is turned ON, the message 'Starting up. Please wait' is displayed and then E732-0001 is indicated.
    4. Error code E804-0004.
    Cause
    In the field, the symptom occurred because the Power Distribution PCB was faulty.

Action
    1. When the symptom occurs, reinsert all the connectors on the Power Distribution PCB.
    2. If the symptom still remains replace the Power Distribution PCB with a new one:
      • FG3-3667-000 Distribution Board Assembly (iR C3220 / C2620)
      • FG6-9666-000 Distribution Board Assembly (iR C3200)

Troubleshooting the DC Fuse PCB Assembly or a Missing Voltage on the iR C3200 Series

Symptom
    • Error Codes (e.g. E004-0003, E012-0001, E110-0110, E602-0001, E674-0001, E732-0001, E804-0004). Paper Jams (e.g. duplex jams 0A0A, 010A, 020B).
    • No Power / Boot Failure.
    Cause
    When a overcurrent or a short to ground occurs in the machine such as a motor binding or a wire shorted to the frame of the machine, a fuse on the DC Fuse PCB should open to prevent further damage. The DC Fuse PCB Assembly (FG3-3020-020) is located at the rear lower left of the machine mounted on the DC Power Supply.

canon 3200

go back and reinsert your controller board ck all your plug ins if you lost functions that you had you may have lost information on your hard drive. i had your symptoms on a 3220 that the back cover had been slightly bent when it was off i was able to wiggle the board and display would come back on copier worked great had another tech put back back on then no display again agree with other tech that you probably have a "connection" issue!!! good luck!!!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Since the DC fuse PCB was faulty, the LCD went black in response to a copy or print command. In this field case, this machine started up successfully by the switch-off/on operation, but memorized one of the error codes, E732-0001, E733-0001 and E747-00FF as an error record in service mode.
    - E732-0001 can be displayed when a DDI-S communication error occurs.
    - E733-0001 can be displayed when a DDI-P communication error occurs.
    - E747-00FF can be displayed when an error occurs in the main controller PCB (main).
    Action:
    -Re-fit all the connectors on the DC fuse PCB.
    -If the symptom still occurs, replace the DC fuse PC with a new one.
    FG3-3020 DC Fuse PCB Assembly