Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    b4nite

Question IR 3300 System software update

I have been reading a lot in this forum, which been of great help for me to fix things on the IR 3300 I have got (for free 1 year ago) from an friends company, when he replaced it with a new copier, as the IR 3300 didn't work.

Now I have got a printing kit, with boot rom and NIC, and as I heard I have to update the system software to N version.

I been calling the cannon service center before X-mas (there is only one in the whole area), and they are very reluctant to assist with updating the firmware. It seams they want me to trade in the copier or at least get a hefty service contract (the copier been running without service contract for at least 3 years).

I copy 1000-1500 copies / year (so not really interested in a service contract), and so far I didn't even change toner yet. It prints really nice, but would of course be of better value if I could print on the network.

I am a computer tech, with a lot of experience with firmware and realted things, and I actually dissassemblied the whole 3300, as I was locating the original problem why it didn't work from the beginning, and found the problem with help reading this forum.

Bottom line, I wonder if there is some kind soul that can email / send download link, the required SST and firmware.

Best regards,

André Ung

andre.ung@gmail.com

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    1000 to 1500 copies isn't much at all on this great copier. This copier is known to generally keep on working so long as it's serviced well. Your friend could have found it cheaper to get it serviced rather than buy a new one.

With your usage there's no way I'd upgrade to a newer copier. It'd be throwing away money.

By the way upgrading the system software to N version also enables pull scanning as well as printing. Download the Canon Network Scangear Tool (not the color one as this machine scans in B&W) and install it on your computer and configure it to use your copier. You can use this tool with software such as Adobe Acrobat to scan to a pdf. On the copier you need to press the Option key (Blue Key on the top right near Copy, Fax, Mailbox buttons) and then pressing online. When finished turn it back offline and press the copy key and you should be back to the usual screen again.
    Last edited by bnmand; 06-23-2009 at 12:17 AM.

jesse

you need sst

i have an sst for 2200n and 3300 wanna buy. mail me back

regards

Quote Originally Posted by b4nite View Post
    I have been reading a lot in this forum, which been of great help for me to fix things on the IR 3300 I have got (for free 1 year ago) from an friends company, when he replaced it with a new copier, as the IR 3300 didn't work.

Now I have got a printing kit, with boot rom and NIC, and as I heard I have to update the system software to N version.

I been calling the cannon service center before X-mas (there is only one in the whole area), and they are very reluctant to assist with updating the firmware. It seams they want me to trade in the copier or at least get a hefty service contract (the copier been running without service contract for at least 3 years).

I copy 1000-1500 copies / year (so not really interested in a service contract), and so far I didn't even change toner yet. It prints really nice, but would of course be of better value if I could print on the network.

I am a computer tech, with a lot of experience with firmware and realted things, and I actually dissassemblied the whole 3300, as I was locating the original problem why it didn't work from the beginning, and found the problem with help reading this forum.

Bottom line, I wonder if there is some kind soul that can email / send download link, the required SST and firmware.

Best regards,

André Ung

andre.ung@gmail.com

Mail me the cost for sst for 3300

Quote Originally Posted by jesse View Post
    i have an sst for 2200n and 3300 wanna buy. mail me back

regards
    Please mail me what will be the cost for sst for Canon IR 3300. My email is deepak_belgaum@yahoo.com

Thank u

with regards
    Deepak

Re: IR 3300 System software update

Hi I have iR3300 and have some problem to scan on the network SMB. Are possibile to update the firmware to solve this?
    Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    IR 3300 System software update

Unfortunately support for this old machine was discontinued years ago.

I would suggest using an old Win XP PC shared it on the network to use it as a file server etc & scan to that.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Unfortunately support for this old machine was discontinued years ago.

I would suggest using an old Win XP PC shared it on the network to use it as a file server etc & scan to that.
    Thank you for the information, maybe I find some firmware update for iR3300i