Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Canon NP 1020 - Dark Streaks on Paper - Help Please

Hi,

I just recently purchased a used Canon NP 1020 copier. It photocopied fine for the first month I was using it. Recently I have noticed dark streaks all across the entire paper that I cannot seem to get rid of. I looked inside the copier and saw that the drum was covered in similar streaks. Does anyone here know how to clean the drum or should I just get a new one?
    One thing you should also know is that I've been running used paper through the machine ie. xeroxing on one side, flipping it over, and then xeroxing on the other side. This seemed to frequently cause paper jams and I think the toner may have gotten into some of the equipment inside.
    Any help would be appreciated

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

np 1020

A super box when serviced properly. You will need it serviced and I mean a full service includes a hidden mirror inside. the drum is normally good for 20k but prob needs one now and also a transfer corona as when this arcs you will get blank copies. I hope you put proper canon toner into it also.

yeah, i've got the proper toner in it. How much do you think a full servicing on this would cost?? Couldn't I just replace the drum myself? Any chance of cleaning it myself?