Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: irc-3220

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

irc-3220

overlay-registration is off. i replaced all new drum units and itb unit with no luck. tried reg adjustment ng. i stopped it before the fuser to eliminate. i printed out an internal copy service report and it lokks good but black is only used. checked all the initial settings on the door and all in range or on the mark. and when i do a l-adj-0 it comes up ng! any ideas with this one appreciated. thanks t

Technician
    hey t911, the first thing that i would check would be the patch reader position make sure that the blue lever is in the down position and make sure the patch reader is clean. second check that the engagement lever on the front cover is not damaged and fully engaging the shift arm for the reader. also check that the tensioners inside the itb assys are not broken or damaged and make sure that the springs have not come off. I have had this exact problem in the past and found that one of the arms that provide tension for the tension roller inside the itb assy were broken. hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisb19036 View Post
    hey t911, the first thing that i would check would be the patch reader position make sure that the blue lever is in the down position and make sure the patch reader is clean. second check that the engagement lever on the front cover is not damaged and fully engaging the shift arm for the reader. also check that the tensioners inside the itb assys are not broken or damaged and make sure that the springs have not come off. I have had this exact problem in the past and found that one of the arms that provide tension for the tension roller inside the itb assy were broken. hope this helps.
    It's a 3200 series not a 3100 series...no tension arms...the rollers clip into place and are held by spring loaded bushings.
    If you've swapped in a different ITB assy and still have the issue the next thing to try is a DC clear.
    If it still persists after that you need to realign the laser units.

Service Manager 100+ Posts
    I would go with Oze, DC clear if not try MMI clear.

thnaks guys. i've gotten alot of requests to do a d con clear and then maybe a mmi clear. would all the info i need to put back in be on a p print.

Quote Originally Posted by T911 View Post
    thnaks guys. i've gotten alot of requests to do a d con clear and then maybe a mmi clear. would all the info i need to put back in be on a p print.
    For a DC clear input all the info from a P-Print.
    MMI clear will clear mailboxes...address book...Send settings....I.P.Settings and ALL customer settings.
    So try the DC clear first....then try the MMI clear as a last resort...ALL DOOR SETTINGS will need to be re-entered in the event of an MMI clear.

thanks oze

repl-all the lasers. thanks guys

Thanks for letting us know

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Had same problem , Canon had a procedure where you removed the laser and reset position by rotating cam. Then dcon clear. I eventually did replace one of the lasers.The nice thing is all 4 lasers are the same , so if one is defective you can verify that by switching to a different position.