Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: E540-8001

Technician

Unhappy E540-8001

Question I have a machine that kick a 540-8001 error and this a new machine, also before replacing this machine the old machine was kicking a 542 error code . I know these codes are finisher related but I am not sure why, has anyone delt with an issue like this and can point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Check whether the flag arm is stuck. If you look at the first tray on the finisher there is a flag arm that make contact with the tray when its checking for home position. Chances are its stuck or broken or the tray isn't making contact with it. I've seen all of the above. I once had the first tray miss the flag arm, i had to use the foam strips that canon was giving out for the 4570 right lower door. I cut and trimmed the foam and placed it on the inner part of the tray so that it can make contact with the flag arm when the tray was looking for home position and all was well after that. If you look at the screen when the error code is showing it tells you why the error code is popping up. If the flag arm is broken you can put the machine into limited functions mode for the mean time, this will bypass the finisher and allow the machine to come up, however they would be no finisher functions like, stapling, collating. Good luck!

ScrewTape.

Technician

Smile Thank you

Thank you will give that a try and see what happens once again thanks for the help.