Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Canon 2016/2018/2020 info

I have a bunch of 2016's, 2018's, 2020's that have come in and we don't really do Canon's anymore. My question is seeing that most of the units have a RJ-45 on the back how do you tell through either the panel or lists if indeed the machine has print and/or scan? Also what do you think of this series machine as far as reliability and serviceability? Thanks in advance for any and all info, please remember we don't have any Canon guys on staff anymore so please be specific...... We don't know jack about these machines!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts cosmin_mocanu's Avatar
    Canon IR 2016, 2018, 2020, do not came in the standard configuration whit print controler. The RJ 45 conector you see in the back of the copier is for software, firmware update. If your costumer is wiling to pay you can instal a printing board on the machine (whitch came as an optional for the copier for about 300 - 400 dolars. The machine is quite good if the user understand its limits, but a lytle too much plastic in it. The fuser film will need to bee changet after about 70 K min. Onestly i change thhe film at this machine after about 100K if it is not damaged. The drum unit schould hold up to 45 K ( as the producer specs) but if you clean the waste it schould hold up to 70 - 90 K. After that you can change the hole unit, ( about 200 dolars) or you can use a rebild chit ( i recomand Katun, neverl let mee down) witch is more cheap and was the same quality. The developing tank need,s alsoo a periodicali mentenace ( after about 150 - 170 K the dr. blade ghets dirty and some white lines will apeare on the copy and alsoo you will have to clean the developing roller, i recomand whit alcool). The laser allweis gets dirty on the poligonal miror and the optics, if in the room is enouf dust.

Aniway, considering the limitation of the machine and its class, onestly i don't think there are big reliability diferences comparin this machine and the others in it's class. Thei all are some piece of junks if wee think at all the problems they have, but save god they have problems ca's this is that what are wee doing. All we have to doo is to now the problems and the way to fix then.

P.S. If you nedd the service manual leave an e-mail adrese

haydar64
    u can't use same printer board at different machines, but , u can use printer driver diff. machines.

( 2016-2020-2018-2022-2030-2022)

network scangear is same as all other haves scanner machines.

I'm in need of service manual to this machines ( 2016-2020-2018-2022-2030-2022).
    Can you send me one ?
    sbarro@tlen.pl
    "A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it"

"
    What do you despise? By this you are truly known"

Guess who

check your mail sbarro

Thank you very much.
    If you will be in need of SM for any Toshiba let me know.
    "A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it"

"
    What do you despise? By this you are truly known"

Guess who

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Cosmin, yes I could use a copy of the manual for this model.......... Thanks in advance!!!

mL@akitacopy.com

check your mail

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Va multumesc!

bely
    please i need firmware for canon IR2016j
    please send me sm for those model
    el.zoubir@gmail.com
    thx