Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

iR5055 with E674-0008

TB articles for a few different colour machines for this particular error code but nothing for the big B/W machines.
    It's a fax kit related issue...the articles point to a connection issue.
    I reconnected the fax harness at both sides...fax kit AND main controller but the error continued.
    I pulled the harness out and snipped the cable ties and tested for continuity and found that two of the wires had been crushed by the cable ties...they didn't read anything on the meter.
    I've contacted dealer support to try to find out a part number for the wiring harness and in the meantime pulled the fax kit out so that the customer can continue to print/copy.
    I think I'm on the right track but wondered if anyone had struck this code on the Z1 fax kit before?

Did this just happen out of the blue or did you just installed this fax unit into this unit. Make sure that your firmware is v40xx or later also. If you found the harness damage by the ties i would go with that first. I have additional info on this case but I'm forbidden to post. Email!

ozeshin43@hotmail.com
    The machine has had this code since it's install (6 months)date according to the error log in the machine but the thing that pissed me off is that the tech that I've taken over from at the uni hasn't written up in the log book anything about the error code..yet going through the jam log there MUST have been times that he was called out for this error.