Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    s_asade

canon IR1600 shows system error

system error E247 ? I have not attatched printer board

mjarbar
    Error Code: E245, E246, E247, E354, E350, E355
    Cause: Error with Serial Number PCB or Counter PCB or Main Controller PCB
    Remarks: Please complete online form to order Controlled Parts via Dealer Net or Canon Intranet, and send to Information Management Group.

On an iR1600 the E247 code relates to a problem with either of the above three boards, which are a controlled parts from Canon with the exception of the main controller.

If you change any of the above boards the other two must come from the same machine as they each 'write' to each other to ensure everything matches up.

Given the age of these machines and the cost of the boards it would be cheaper to upgrade to a newer model like the iR2022 or iR1024!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts cosmin_mocanu's Avatar
    As far as i remember this error is related whit the electronic counter of the machine. And iit is quite dificul to solve. Each machine has its own counter chip, and its not posibile to switch betwen the machines. You will have to contact the local dealer for more info, but i think it has something to doo whit the machine serial nember which is present in the nounter software.

P.S. I tried to switch the counters between two machine's whith no resolts.

Sorry for the bad english

Technicien de copieur 100+ Posts Zoren's Avatar
    yes those two boards must match together..

unless, he must've switched the counter pcb to another machine. w/c is now inconsistent w/ the SRAM counter...
    Just came out from hybernation.....

s_asade

ir 1600 e247

Quote Originally Posted by mjarbar View Post
    Error Code: E245, E246, E247, E354, E350, E355
    Cause: Error with Serial Number PCB or Counter PCB or Main Controller PCB
    Remarks: Please complete online form to order Controlled Parts via Dealer Net or Canon Intranet, and send to Information Management Group.
    On an iR1600 the E247 code relates to a problem with either of the above three boards, which are a controlled parts from Canon with the exception of the main controller.

If you change any of the above boards the other two must come from the same machine as they each 'write' to each other to ensure everything matches up.

Given the age of these machines and the cost of the boards it would be cheaper to upgrade to a newer model like the iR2022 or iR1024!

thanks

can we solve the problem without pcb change i.e. with the help of any software

mjarbar
    Unfortunatlly no, the software these boards use are stored on non accesable ROM's on the boards themselves to stop unscrupulous company's from changing the counters and serial numbers.

Arrow

Unfortunatlly no, the software these boards use are stored on non accesable ROM's on the boards themselves to stop unscrupulous company's from changing the counters and serial numbers.
    me l have system error E000 ...but l controled the thermustor and lamp exposure and thermofusible but it's very good ..can you healpe me ...
    BEST TECHNICIAN . NICE PEOPLE .

mjarbar
    Replace the fixing assy.

FG6-8314-000 if machine is 120V
    fg6-8452-000 if machine is 240V

Available from a Canon supplier near you...

s_asade

thanks mjarbar , one thing, can u tell me why this problem occur ? ( E247 on IR 1600 ) ,

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by s_asade View Post
    thanks mjarbar , one thing, can u tell me why this problem occur ? ( E247 on IR 1600 ) ,
    can you more explain ..for my problems ( error systeme E000) ....l need started the service mode but l can't know ..can you tell me how l started this service mode .....
    BEST TECHNICIAN . NICE PEOPLE .