Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rasikpatel

Canon IR 2200 start up screen

My copier always goes in to Manual tray select mode and does not select tray automatically
    It starts as stack bypass , eventhough stack by pass is off
    Need help on seting up such that it goes in to
    Automatic paper sect with tray1 ( factory defaul automatic mode). I Have original manual tried many option , did not get correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasik Patel View Post
    My copier always goes in to Manual tray select mode and does not select tray automatically
    It starts as stack bypass , even though stack by pass is off
    Need help on setting up such that it goes in to
    Automatic paper sect with tray1 ( factory default automatic mode). I Have original manual tried many option , did not get correct.
    Have tried initializing standard settings.

Technician
    ther is a small black plastic piece with two pins tha falls out of place on the back side of the bypass tray . with that pin out the machine thinks ther is a piece of paper on the by pass tray and will prompt you to intere by pass settings.

Quote Originally Posted by 555 View Post
    ther is a small black plastic piece with two pins tha falls out of place on the back side of the bypass tray . with that pin out the machine thinks ther is a piece of paper on the by pass tray and will prompt you to intere by pass settings.
    +1...what he ^ said.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 555 View Post
    Screwtape has your answer, you will have to repair/replace the part in bypass tray, then set up copier operator panel to the way you want things to be at reset, then go into Additional Functions, Common Settings, Store Settings. It should work as you want it to now.

I think that small black plastic thing is the lever that raises/lowers the entry tray guide. With the guide up it will keep the flag in an operated condition I believe.