Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by abk onnet View Post
    Hi tanks for the firmware the link u have sent to me is dead, pls sent it again. I receive another firmware but i have got error messages but i don't know how to rectify it.

first of all i copy all the files to the folder server tool and in SST i search for new firmware in the Servtool folder and register it. But Some firmwares are in red when i try to format my HDD i got Error message that i don't register the Firmware to format HDD. Also when i copy the firmware to machine some files are copied also the machine does not say turn off and on.

I have attach the screenshot of the SST.

pls go through it and help to install the firmware.
    if the HDD is fault can i replace a 40GB HDD in the machine which has 20 GB.
    It seems that the firmware is registered, as i said before all you need is the english version (Env), system,language,rui. Forget about SDICT and TTS. If you want, try to do overwriting, and select ALL_HDF and start the batch loading. It should start by updating the boot rom first then system,language,rui,and meap. It should notify when all firmware been loaded then reboot and let install and reboot again. If it fails with an error 602-0001,0002,0003 the HDD is no good!

Are you aware of the procedure on how to format the HDD,
    or, are you having trouble using the HD format data file. If this is also the case, the HDD is dead my friend.

As for the 40gb HDD VS 20gb. it really does not matter as much, as long as it isn't smaller than 20gb. What does matter are the partitions and many a HDD has.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Hi friends i have replaced my HDD with a new 40 GB HDD. when i connect sst to the machine The new HDD is detected and formatted then i copy all the firmware files. The system firmware file is not copying it says that i must update the boot version. but i dont know how to update the boot. i have attached the screen shot of the the error.

Also i geeting an error message when i format the HDD boot. it says the system firmware for HDD is not regsister. but i have register all the firmware.

Pls Help me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

haydar64
    wait for 1 hour.

i'm uploading all files.

haydar64

Talking

You can download this firmware from this link.

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Either , this file is deleted in 7 day(s)

HAYDAR64

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Hi i think this was my problem, I install the SST 3.35 and register the Firmware sent by u. The system Firmware Version 1601 is not register in the SST and it is High Light in RED colour iam having the System Firmware version 1703 it was registaring in the SST. but When i copy this Firmware to the Machine i get the Error message "Upgrade the following Firmware First : BOOT : Version 0636 or later" I am having the 0636 version but i dont know how to update BOOT by SST.

I Think Since the SYSTEM Firmware is not copied to HDD i can not start the Installation of firmware. if i copied all files and Turn OFF and ON the Machine i get error Code 602-002. because the SYSTEM files is not copied to HDD.

I have Three different file of SYSTEM Firmware version 1601 but none of them register in to SST.

How can i rectify this and Install the Firmware in machine.

It should update automatically, the bootrom is the first that gets flashed. If you are flashing the machine separately, like system,rui,language and not the boot first the HDD won't accept the firmware. Do a ALL_HDF when flashing the machine, this will flash the boot and load the firmware for further installation. If you have problems then the firmware you are getting is no good.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Hi friends i think The problem is with the firmware SYSTEM version 1601. this firmware is highlight as RED in sst and cannot bo loaded in to the machine. iam having SYSTEM firmware version 1703 it shows normal in SST but i can not load it into the Machine. It generats an error says update BOOT to version 0636(See the Screen Shot in above post). i unable to update the BOOT. Is any body having a older working version of the firmware "SYSTEM".

When you do a ALL_HDF are holding down 2n8 keys when powering on. The first thing that gets updated is the boot,it will tell you,Bootrom,update, don't cut power, then the system and rui then meap. There is no option to flash the boot separate. SST has been updated,if you can get your hands on it I suggest you install it.Please do not be offended, but this is a simple operation. The SST does all for you and it also instructs you how to do it. The latest version for the bootrom is v1143, the firmware will only work if the bootrom program is updated first. This is why its the first thing that get updated is the boot. If you don't, the system will not install itself and that can give you result of E0602-0002, can't find system software.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Finally My IR 8070 Worked

Thank u very much friends for u r kind support and sending the necessary softwares. I load the firmware in to the machine by clicking the Start Assist mode in sst and connect the machine by powering ON the machine by holding 2 and 8 then i select all the firmware. All firmware copied in to the machine with out showing any errors. Then i power OFF and ON the machine the installation begins...

Now the machine is running.

Thank u Very Much.

I soon upload the fimware and softwares worked for me.

Well, I'm happy it worked out for you.

Screwtape