Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

IR 8070 is not booting

Hi Friends The IR 8070 is not booting the lcd display shows the canon logo and loding symbol after a minute the display blanks and again the Same canon logo is showing, the system software is not loading. I dont know what was the problem Pls help me.

Sounds like a hard drive failing. Try holding down the 1 and 9 key and turning ON the copier and wait for a moment and then release, the machine will start doing a scan disk (screen will blank out and the screen will start doing a series of squares dropping). It will take a while to go through the whole hard drive. Then restart when finished. If it still does not work, it is time for a new hard drive and you will have to reload the system software.

I'm with Kuby, sounds like a bad HDD. try reloading firmware first.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I need The Firmware and Service support tool

Hi i tried to scan the hard disk by pressing 1and 9 simultaniously but the system is not booting up. i need the service support tool and firmware to install it on my hard drive. u can send it to my email id abkonnet@yahoo.co.in . Thanks. Pls help me as soon as possible.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    How far does the boot bar get. It checks various items at different points and where the bar stops will help direct your efforts. I would reseat the boot and RAM to start. It wouldn't hurt to reseat all the connectors on the Main controller too.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    hi when the machine is On the canon logo and a little amount of bar is shown after a time then the bar moves and "please wait" is displayed . now only the canon logo and little amount of bar is seen the bar doesnt move. i checked all connector and even remove and refit the hard disk.

Hard drive is gone bad....needs to be replaced.
    Last edited by kuby; 03-17-2009 at 04:38 AM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Hi i attach the picture of the display. The only display seen on my machine after some minutes the display vanishes and again the same display. how can i fix this problem if any one can sent the firmware so i can re install it on my hard disk. pls help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Hi i switch On the machine by removing one of the ram the machine shows error code 602-002 which was no start up file in HDD. now i need the firmware to put on my HDD. pls some one send the firmware to my mail abkonnet@yahoo.co.in . Tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by abkonnet View Post
    Hi i switch On the machine by removing one of the ram the machine shows error code 602-002 which was no start up file in HDD. now i need the firmware to put on my HDD. pls some one send the firmware to my mail abkonnet@yahoo.co.in . Tanks.
    Forget about this HDD, replace it. I've seen this happen on HDD all the time, chances are always a risk when the obvious is there. You might be able to reload firmware and it might work for little period, but you would be back. Get the firmware along with a good HDD and save youself the time. If your in the states ,you can try these company's that sell and repair HDD for a fraction of the price.

Nation-Wide Repair Service
    16151 Foster Street
    Overland Park, KS 66085
    Customer Service: 1-866-655-8676
    Fax Number: 913-631-8372
    Technical Support: 1-800-798-1814

Hytec Dealer Services
    3600 Vineland Rd Suite 121
    Orlando, FL 32811
    Customer Service: 1-800-883-1001
    Phone Number: 407-297-1001
    Fax Number: 407-297-4310