Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    hellobd

Setting Canon iR 3045 as network printer and Scanner

Dear all,

I have installed a Canon iR 3045. Currently it is using as copier, but i want to use it as network printer and scanner. Is it possible ??

To set as network printer i have installed "UFRII_v2.50_Setupx32". printer is installed, network is cofigured so that i have remote access to that printer (Remote UI).

But when i try to send the test print command it cant print.

Please help me, what should i do to use this device as network printer and as scanner.

Regards
    Tawhid
    Last edited by hellobd; 03-16-2009 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellobd View Post
    Dear all,

I have installed a Canon iR 3045. Currently it is using as copier, but i want to use it as network printer and scanner. Is it possible ??

To set as network printer i have installed "UFRII_v2.50_Setupx32". printer is installed, network is cofigured so that i have remote access to that printer (Remote UI).

But when i try to send the test print command it cant print.

Please help me, what should i do to use this device as network printer and as scanner.

Regards
    Tawhid
    Do you have a print kit installed on the machine? Just because you have acess to rui and can put network setting into the machine, this does not mean its a network printer. The port on the unit is also there for us techs, when we want to do firmware updates. This is why you can't print out pages.

Technician

Wink

Screwtape is right. Machaine will accept all configuration and just won't print. Go to counter and push configuration tab. That will tell you if you have ps/pcl, ufr etc installed.

hellobd
    thanks , i m now clear, print kit is not installed

Also keep in mind that if you want to scan, that's also an optional purchase. Universal send is require. Canon sometimes have printer and universal send kits in one package.Take care.