Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Clovis

Canon IR 3570 Jamming in right door every copy

This is my first post, and I am hoping that you pro's can help.

I bought a Canon IR 3570 from a bank repossession auction. There were several former employees in attendance, and all told me "that is a good copier." I don't have any reason to not believe them. They were the back up bidders on the machine, as I learned later.

Now that I have bought the machine, the paper jams with every copy. This is happening with 8 1/2 x 11 copies, but not with 11 x 17, which pulls thru and copies very well. It is not jamming on 8.5 x 14 either, and ran 60 copies without problems.

It is jamming on both tray 1 and tray 2 with 8.5 x 11 stock.

When it jams, again on every copy, the display screen shows the right door needing to be opened. I am opening it, as well as the tray beneath it, to reach the paper that is stuck.

The paper is unprinted, and basically in perfect condition, most of the time when removed. All four edges are straight and smooth. It is not accordian folded, printed, ripped, or torn. It looks like you could easily put the paper back into the tray.

I do not know what the paper stock is, but it looks like cheap 20# from a wholesale club.

It is not showing any codes now that I have moved the machine home. It did show a code 2140(???), but then ran the 60 pages of report on 8.5 x 14. I wish I would have written down the code when it was thrown.

Is there any way you can help me trouble shoot this machine in plain English, in a step-by-step method?

FWIW, I am trying to help myself, and not afraid of learning or working. I have taken a beating in this economy, and simply cannot afford to have a Canon boat anchor sitting around. My wife is mad as a hornet that I bought the copier. My Dad is extra mad that I have it sitting in his garage, taking up valuable space. I have taken some ribbing from other family members over this ordeal, and am feeling a bit desperate.

You guys ever feel like you are up against a wall, so to speak, and have the ceiling collapsing on you too?

Thank you for any assistance you can offer. I am truely appreciative of your time.

Since this is a forum for professional techs, I will understand if you want me to politely disappear.

Again, thank you!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    This is my first post, and I am hoping that you pro's can help.

I bought a Canon IR 3570 from a bank repossession auction. There were several former employees in attendance, and all told me "that is a good copier." I don't have any reason to not believe them. They were the back up bidders on the machine, as I learned later.

Now that I have bought the machine, the paper jams with every copy. This is happening with 8 1/2 x 11 copies, but not with 11 x 17, which pulls thru and copies very well. It is not jamming on 8.5 x 14 either, and ran 60 copies without problems.

It is jamming on both tray 1 and tray 2 with 8.5 x 11 stock.

When it jams, again on every copy, the display screen shows the right door needing to be opened. I am opening it, as well as the tray beneath it, to reach the paper that is stuck.

The paper is unprinted, and basically in perfect condition, most of the time when removed. All four edges are straight and smooth. It is not accordion folded, printed, ripped, or torn. It looks like you could easily put the paper back into the tray.

I do not know what the paper stock is, but it looks like cheap 20# from a wholesale club.

It is not showing any codes now that I have moved the machine home. It did show a code 2140(???), but then ran the 60 pages of report on 8.5 x 14. I wish I would have written down the code when it was thrown.

Is there any way you can help me trouble shoot this machine in plain English, in a step-by-step method?

FWIW, I am trying to help myself, and not afraid of learning or working. I have taken a beating in this economy, and simply cannot afford to have a Canon boat anchor sitting around. My wife is mad as a hornet that I bought the copier. My Dad is extra mad that I have it sitting in his garage, taking up valuable space. I have taken some ribbing from other family members over this ordeal, and am feeling a bit desperate.

You guys ever feel like you are up against a wall, so to speak, and have the ceiling collapsing on you too?

Thank you for any assistance you can offer. I am truly appreciative of your time.

Since this is a forum for professional techs, I will understand if you want me to politely disappear.

Again, thank you!!!!!!!!
    There are a couple of modifications done to remedy this issue.
    The right lower door B has been changed,the inner door guide assy, the vertical path rollers have been changed, plus the feed and separation rollers have been updated.

Lower door part# FC6-1298-000
    Inner door ass'y, part# FC6-1297-000
    Vertical path rollers, part FB6-4582-000
    Feed rollers, part# FC6-7083-000
    Separation rollers, part# FC6-6661-000

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    The first thing to check, is to make sure the blue paper size dial on the right side of the cassette matches the paper size in the cassette. That is the most over looked item, I get service calls for jamming all the time from the cassettes, get there and guess what, the dial is not set correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut 132 View Post
    The first thing to check, is to make sure the blue paper size dial on the right side of the cassette matches the paper size in the cassette. That is the most over looked item, I get service calls for jamming all the time from the cassettes, get there and guess what, the dial is not set correctly.
    That's right.. I was going to add that, but you beat to it wingnut. Absolutely check that dial, this can also cause image probelms.

Every part that Screwtape mentioned will solve 99% of cassette #1 jams and Wingnut's answer should cover anything else....
    Normally we'd ask for the jam code from Service Mode...019D means that it's a wrong paper size detect....0105 means it's to do with the vertical path rollers and/or the vertical path rollers and 0107 means that the machine needs the paper curl mods done under service mode.
    So the easiest step is to check the paper dial as wingnut said...failing that you'll need to log a service call with your local Canon dealer.

Clovis
    Quote Originally Posted by wingnut132 View Post
    That would make alot of sense. The secretary, a tech and a junior owner told me that the machine worked fine. According to them, they ran the machine without problems the same day as the auction.

I walked in, and some one was jacking with the 8 x 11 tray. Now it won't run.

I will check that first thing.

Thank you!!!!

Technician

Smile I'm not sure what I need

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWTAPE View Post
    There are a couple of modifications done to remedy this issue.
    The right lower door B has been changed,the inner door guide assy, the vertical path rollers have been changed, plus the feed and separation rollers have been updated.

Lower door part# FC6-1298-000
    Inner door ass'y, part# FC6-1297-000
    Vertical path rollers, part FB6-4582-000
    Feed rollers, part# FC6-7083-000
    Separation rollers, part# FC6-6661-000
    I've been looking for a place online to purchase these parts listed and can't find them. Can anyone suggest a site to purchase them? I have the IR3570 and its doing the same thing. If I apply pressure to the side as its getting ready to print it will work fine.. if I dont apply pressure it jams. I do have two other problems that I can't seem to figure out or find the solution. After a succesful print I get the error code E000805-0000. If I get a jam and fix the jam after I close the bottom right door I get the same error code. Also, paper tray 2 no matter how much paper I put in it registers no paper.. is this part of the error code?

I'm no expert dealing with this machine. I did a pretty extensive search prior to posting with no luck. I can't find the error code in the manual either. The machine shows 50,xxx prints per tray.. and has been sitting for about a year. I did some cleaning on it and it seems to be in good shape considering the problems I stated.

Thanks in advance for any help