Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

ir 8500 0010 code

Ok! Here we go with the help thing again

I have a customer we just took an ir 8500 back to after having in shop for extensive go thru. worked fine at shop but when we got it to the account its trowing 0010 drive codes. Checked the I/O pcb and the main motor. No loose connectors, motor runs for a breif period before throwing code, no binding of drive system or assy's. What would you canon guys suggest with this model and code.

PS i have a 8500 parts machine for any and all parts. so I can try anything.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post

I have a customer we just took an ir 8500 back to after having in shop for extensive go thru. worked fine at shop but when we got it to the account its trowing 0010 drive codes. Checked the I/O pcb and the main motor. No loose connectors, motor runs for a breif period before throwing code, no binding of drive system or assy's. What would you canon guys suggest with this model and code.

Thanks in advance
    0010 is the sub code yeah?
    What is the main body of the error code?

Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post

I have a customer we just took an ir 8500 back to after having in shop for extensive go thru. worked fine at shop but when we got it to the account its trowing 0010 drive codes. Checked the I/O pcb and the main motor. No loose connectors, motor runs for a brief period before throwing code, no binding of drive system or assy's. What would you canon guys suggest with this model and code.

Thanks in advance
    If the error code is E0010 then the main motor (M1) is faulty. Or, the DC controller PCB is bad.
    But, as Oze stated, what is the full description of the E-code 0xxx-xxxx

Error Codes E010 / E012 / E065 : iR105 Series & iR7000 Series
    Approved

Symptom
    Error code E010, E012 or E065 is displayed on the control panel.

Cause
    Manual feed tray cover open/closed detecting switch (MSW5) is disconnected or faulty. The relay PCB then fails to supply 38V to the Main Motor & Drum Motor.

Action
    Check the operation of:
    • MSW5 (WC4-5153-000)
    • MSW7 (WC4-0153-000)
    • Relay PCB Assembly:
      • iR105 Series : FG6-7239-000
      • iR7000 Series : FM2-4350-000
    • The solution in one instance was to reattach the spring for MSW5 (Bypass Door Switch) to the switch mount. The Tension Spring (FS5-2958-000) (#27) attaches to items #1 and #5.

Symptom
    Machine will alternate between E010 and E065.

Cause
    When you are getting this alternating error code of E010 or E065 you must check to see if you are getting 24vdc to the Main Motor and HV-DC board.

Action
    The simplest way to do this is by going to the HV-DC PCB and check J721 pins 1 and 2 for 24vdc. If not there go to J1723 on Relay PCB and OHMS check pins 1 and 2 for continuity. This is your manual feed tray cover open/closed detection switch (MSW5). If good, check pins 5 and 7 that's the front door open/closed detection switch (MSW7). If either of the switches has an open circuit it will not power the relay for output to main motor and HVDC PCB. In our case we had a bad manual feed open/closed detection switch.
    • MSW5 : WC4-5153-000
    • MSW7 : WC4-0153-000
    • Relay PCB Assembly:
      • iR105 Series : FG6-7239-000
      • iR7000 Series : FM2-4350-000

Cool

Good info oze.