Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    zerocool9897

Canon iR2200 with E000000-0000

Good day all,
    Just to start off, I am more of a computer repair/network tech, and obviously not so much of a copier tech. I follow instructions pretty well
    I have just acquired an iR2200 with an error code of E000000-0000. I assumed it wouldn't be much of a problem since the previous owner said that it was working perfectly fine prior to moving the unit down the hall to make room for their new copier. When they plugged it in to get a copy count a week later it came up with this error. I've got the service handbook which has been handy, but I am still unable to pin point exactly what it needs. Here is what I have done so far:
    1. Clear the error - The unit will come up fine if I start it up with the front door open getting the front door open message of course. When I close the door it will display the main screen for 2 seconds then give the error message.
    2. Checked all connectors between main power supply PCB (J8) and heater. Check all connectors between DC controller PCB (J320) and Thermistor. Everything checked good. Disconnected and reconnected connectors.
    3. Checked continuity between pins 1 & 2 and 3 & 4. Pins 1 &2 metered 1.5 M ohm, and pins 3 & 4 metered 400 k ohm.

Also I have noticed that when I turn the power on I can hear a faint "siren" when I have the developer unit in...as soon as I pull it out, the "siren" stops. When in Service Mode, going to Copier > Function > Install > Toner-S, I get "Check the Developer" message.

I hope this was detailed enough for someone to give me some guidance. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

THe error code states that the machine doesn't sense the temperature of the fuser getting hotter. Usually this calls for the fixing film unit to be replaced because the thermistor has gone bad.
    Totoro

zerocool9897
    ok, that's what what I was thinking...so...any suggestions on where to buy one? I found this one on ebay:
    FIXING FILM ASSEMBLY FOR CANON COPIER IR2200 AND IR3300 - eBay (item 220315101270 end time Apr-18-09 09:22:37 PDT)

or

Do I need the whole thing like this?:
    FIXING ASSEMBLY-NEW- (FUSER UNIT) FOR IR2200-3300 - eBay (item 220319403119 end time Apr-25-09 11:57:10 PDT)

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Sorry, I don't do any of the purchasing; the company does all that. As to which one to buy? It all depends on whether you know how to take out the FF ass. from the fuser. I think I can replace the FF ass. in about 20 min. going at an easy pace, but I've done it before. I think the first time took me about 35 min. It's not really hard to do if you know how, so it really depends on how mechanically inclined you are. Maybe someone else can chime in about where to buy parts at.

Good Luck.
    Totoro

zerocool9897
    Thank you for your responses! As far as taking things apart and putting them back together (correctly that is ), I've been doing that since childhood. I've already taken the entire Fuser unit apart and put it back together. Even took apart a fuser unit from an HP 5000 (just to see if I could scrounge something to make mine work...no go). As sad as this may sound, to have something that I can take apart and possibly fix myself for little to no money is what I do for fun on a Friday night...as my girlfriend laughs at me. I'm just going to buy the FF assy. and see where this goes. By the way, does anyone have a SM to help me out here. I'm not so sure I would have much to offer in trade...not even cash as I am currently unemployed. My email is zerocool9897 AT sbcglobal DOT com. Oh oh oh, about the "check the developer" thing i mentioned before...should I be concerned about that at all?
    Thank you very much

Technician
    You may be able to get away with just doing an error reset. Service mode, Copier, Funtion, Clear, Error. Then reboot machine and presto.
    Very often E000 is due to a sudden power outage. Possibly because the mod to the DC power supply hasn't been done (replacing a resistor with a capacitor and resister piggybacked). Worth a try.

zerocool9897
    Yes, I have done the error reset many many many times. In desperate hopes that maybe one time it might actually come back to life. But to no avail. I am insane, I know.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein
    Last edited by zerocool9897; 03-29-2009 at 01:06 AM.

That "siren" noise is actually the laser assembly.
    Nothing to be concerned about at all.
    Far better to buy a complete fuser rather than a fixing film kit as many of the after market kits only come with the film and grease and you'll be needing the heater from the sounds of things.

Quote Originally Posted by candoo View Post
    You may be able to get away with just doing an error reset. Service mode, Copier, Funtion, Clear, Error. Then reboot machine and presto.
    Very often E000 is due to a sudden power outage. Possibly because the mod to the DC power supply hasn't been done (replacing a resistor with a capacitor and resister piggybacked). Worth a try.
    We do that mod for the E003 error as well.

Technician
    Yeah, sorry bout that. Possibly jumped in a little too quickly. Does sound like a fixing film assy is needed.