Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Technician

Re: Canon iR3300 HDD Softwares Installing Problem

Quote Originally Posted by ymmtech View Post
    It is a 8G compact flash card x133 speed type.

Sorry for bumping this.

How in the world did you do that? I have had success with cloning drives, but none with flashing a SSD which I thought would be very dependable. Can you elaborate in detal on this? Thanks

Technician

bump

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Use cloning tool, use the same way as u cloning a HDD. ... and , result, it work on certain IP board only.,,,, and I and I am lazy to find out why.

Technician

Use cloning tool, use the same way as u cloning a HDD. ... and , result, it work on certain IP board only.,,,, and I and I am lazy to find out why.
    Thanks I will give it a go.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Will like to hear from u in future, good luck, try using a low speed low capacity HDD with SST first.

Technician

Definately. I will let you know what kind of success I have. It's a no go on the KingFast(CHEAP) 16GB SSD 2.5" IDE though. Tried cloning with Paragon using the earlier 6GB image, and a the later 20GB image which I usually have no problems with. Also tried flashing with SST, modified the ift file, although there was nothing close to that hardware descriptor file. This was all done on a iR2200 june 2003 manufacture date. Not sure if the image processor pcb part number has changed since. Will try to find out a little more.

I think I will try your advice and see what luck I have with a compact flash.
    Thanks again

Technician

Will like to hear from u in future, good luck, try using a low speed low capacity HDD with SST first.
    I just read your post again. In your post before this one you said you cloned the compact flash. In this post you are recommending I try with the SST first? I would think since the decriptor files would be very different that cloning would be the best way to go also. Of course I will try both, but just wondering why you suggested using the SST in your last post.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I got rojak here, see what are use full to u.
    My working CF was origin from a 3.2GB HDD. I am the not the person who use SST to create this 3.2GB HDD. This 3.2GB image later was clone to a 6GB and 20GB HDD for ir3300 which then ship to my region.
    The working CF was cloned from above 6G HDD to 8GB CF. While the 3.2GB cloned to 4GB CF don't work.
    So I think, to play with the CF card and to solve my unsolved parts, need to familiar with SST, disk descriptor, start from a 3.2GB (or less?)HDD using SST. then clone this image to CF. (or create your own disk descriptor ?)

Technician

I got rojak here, see what are use full to u.
    My working CF was origin from a 3.2GB HDD. I am the not the person who use SST to create this 3.2GB HDD. This 3.2GB image later was clone to a 6GB and 20GB HDD for ir3300 which then ship to my region.
    The working CF was cloned from above 6G HDD to 8GB CF. While the 3.2GB cloned to 4GB CF don't work.
    So I think, to play with the CF card and to solve my unsolved parts, need to familiar with SST, disk descriptor, start from a 3.2GB (or less?)HDD using SST. then clone this image to CF. (or create your own disk descriptor ?)
    I think my best bet is to locate the right CF or SSD and clone an image to them. If you know the brand and specs of the CF that you have that would be very helpful. It most likely will depend on the read and write speed, and latency. I use Paragon Hard Disk Manager to clone with. It works great.
    For what it's worth I couldn't get the SST to go past the wrong type HDD message until today. I edited a decriptor file and now it starts to format the drive, but the copier display will show a E602-003, which is a bad sector error on the HDD. So I think it will be a hardware issue, or maybe it is a cheap HDD that I bought. I think I am getting close.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    I think my best bet is to locate the right CF or SSD and clone an image to them. If you know the brand and specs of the CF that you have that would be very helpful. It most likely will depend on the read and write speed, and latency. I use Paragon Hard Disk Manager to clone with. It works great.
    For what it's worth I couldn't get the SST to go past the wrong type HDD message until today. I edited a decriptor file and now it starts to format the drive, but the copier display will show a E602-003, which is a bad sector error on the HDD. So I think it will be a hardware issue, or maybe it is a cheap HDD that I bought. I think I am getting close.
    Thanks
    Did you succeed using CF or SSD in place of HDD? Can you please share your experience?

@Others, please share your experiences are replacing IR series HDD with CF or SSD. Greatly appreciated, Thank you!