Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts mitsubee's Avatar

Canon iR3300 HDD Softwares Installing Problem

Hi all techies,

I have some problem with new HDD that has to be install after my Canon iR3300 crashed ( e602-0001 ) , I tried alot of HDD's but when after i click FORMAT at the All Partition Button... It will tell me HDD does not match , Cause/Action : Please Check your format files *.ift , i wonder what actually happened? incompartible version of FORMAT files or it's HDD is not usable other than the original one.

I have few FORMAT.ift file such as 0007 , 0012 which all can;t use to format.

Can any one here Help to explain the actual issue of this?

Does cloning Help?

Thanks in advance.

Cal

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    See document posted by Oze: Copytechnet.com

There are a list of say roughly 50 hard drives or so supported in a HDFormat.ift file. You can open the ift file using a text editor. The document above outlines how you can try and use hard drives not found on the list. Use the latest version of the HDFormat.ift file that you've got. It should give the list that is most likely to work with your drive. The most recent version I've heard of is version 15.

Hopefully at least one of the drives you've got will work with the method outlined in the pdf.

Other than that make sure you are using a IEEE1284 bi-directional parallel cable (such as was commonly used by scanners years ago) and that the parallel port of your computer is set to use ECP mode. This setting needs to be set in the BIOS (usually accessed soon after you press the power button to start your machine, by pressing a button such as F10) and in the device settings in Windows. Alternatively if you have one, you can try using a nethawk (special Canon usb to parallel that is no longer produced) cable.

Hope this helps.

It is best to use SST if you can. As a last resort, if you have access to a working copier in the IR2200 series (an IR2200, 2800 or 3300 not i versions) you can try cloning the hdd. I don't know how, but others report it working.

Here are the ones supported by the ir2200 series....

Fujitsu MPC3032AT
    Fujitsu MPD3043AT
    Fujitsu MPE3064AT
    Quantum FireBall CX6.4A
    Quantum FireBallLct10 05
    Quantum FireballLct08 04
    Quantum FireBallLct15 07
    Fujitsu MPF3102AT
    Toshiba MK6014MAP
    Toshiba MK6015MAP
    IBM-DJSA-205
    IBM-DARA-206000
    Fujitsu MHK2060AT
    Seagate ST34311A
    Seagate ST34313A
    Seagate ST310211A
    Fujitsu MPG3102AT E
    Quantum FireBallLct20 10
    Toshiba MK1016GAP
    IBM-DJSA-210
    Hitachi IC25N006ATDA04-0
    Hitachi IC25N010ATDA04-0
    Fujitsu MHN2300AT
    Toshiba MK6017MAP
    Maxtor 2B020H1
    Maxtor 4K020H1
    WDC WD300AB-00BVA0
    Samsung SV2001H
    Maxtor 2F030J0
    ExcelStor Technology J120
    Samsung SV0211H
    Seagate ST340015A
    Toshiba MK2023GAS
    Samsung SV0221N
    Toshiba MK2023GAS
    Seagate ST92011A

Thank for replying , but the cause wasn't No HDD Found...Is The HDD is NOT Match , i tried using Oze way...that was really cool but it still Dose Not Match. Hopefully you all great Guru's could help.

Thanks a Million

Cal

Quote Originally Posted by mitsubee View Post
    Thank for replying , but the cause wasn't No HDD Found...Is The HDD is NOT Match , i tried using Oze way...that was really cool but it still Dose Not Match. Hopefully you all great Guru's could help.

Thanks a Million

Cal
    Did you remember to increment the count for the number of hard drives in the ift file when adding your entry in?

What version of SST are you using? I read somewhere that 4.11E has some problems, particularly with doing a HDFormat. I'd have a go at using an older version of sst. Use the latest system software you have though.

I had extend the HDD from 45 to 46 DONe..still problem.....i'm using a 3.02e. Or maybe i just need a XXxx0013.ift to support it....can you send to me brother...?

calvin5522@gamil.com

Thanks.

Thanks a Million

Cal
    The HDD not found refers to HDD not being in the HDFormat.ift file I think. This could also be expressed as it not matching one of the drives in the list. If your drive is not in the HDFormat.ift list of drives you must use the procedure outlined in the HDD Not Found PDF or formatting the drive definitely won't work.

I had extend the HDD from 45 to 46 DONe..still problem.....i'm using a 3.02e. Or maybe i just need a XXxx0013.ift to support it....can you send to me brother...?

calvin5522@gamil.com

Thanks.
    You need a XXxx0013.ift file to format the HDD otherwise you will never succeed. Any other file is not supported for the 3300.

Could someone kindly send me that XXxx0013.ift file please..... or anylink so i could download it ?

calvin5522@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Could someone kindly send me that XXxx0013.ift file please..... or anylink so i could download it ?

calvin5522@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.
    The 52 drives in the HDFormat v13 list aren't easy to come by. So don't forget to use the SST HDD not found pdf to add a drive to this list if you can't find one. Try and get as close specs as possible to a similar drive, that's on the list and from the same brand. Of course you'll probably have to get a higher capacity drive, but that can't be helped. Whatever you do, don't get a smaller capacity drive.

If you haven't used the v13 list yet and you've already got some drives, I'd try at least some of them first before going out and buying more drives.