Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

4570 wrinkles paper in fuser unit

I am going to a 4570 canon tomorrow and this copier is jamming off and on in the fuser unit(wrinkles or creases)its been doing it for awhile.A few techs have been there and cannot seem to figure it out.They have replaced the fuser unit,fuser drive motor.I do not have the jam histroy.I 've had several problems with the right door on this model.Looking for a little help.Thanks

Check the flapper fixing delivery, its located on the right side door. If the paper is is jamming in the in the fuser unit and it looks like an accordion or like a fan. Then its trying to deliver but crashes into the flapper fixing delivery, sometimes the flapper doesn't move smoothly. This will rule out the drive motor because its trying to deliver. Since you replaced the fixing unit already, the heat sink is also a culprit when it comes to fuser unit jams.

If you have wrinkles or creases on the copies, replace the pressure roller, bushings and bearings.

Technician
    Thanks for getting back.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

wrinkles

The problem could also be the fuser speed..go into service mode level 2 ...adjust ...fixing....set all 3 items to 3 .This can cause wrinkles esp on last few inches of the copy.

Technician
    Problem is fixed. Flapper for the fuser was sticking in those rubber stops on each end.It was not moving freely.Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by kings5586 View Post
    Problem is fixed. Flapper for the user was sticking in those rubber stops on each end.It was not moving freely.Thanks for the help.
    That's exactly what i was talking about with that flapper, It gets stuck to those sheet foams. I take em off. There was one other post, when i mention those sheet foams causing a problem like this one. I know from experience. Nice going.

Screwtape.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: 4570 wrinkles paper in fuser unit

When the paper comes out with Z-Fold / Accordion / 3 Fold and jams after several copies with error 0108 Delay in PS14, it means that the fuser film is not rolling with the pressure roller.

Replace fixing film, Remove the old grease (IMPORTANT), Apply Grease and replace film.