Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    joz

Unhappy Canon IR 2200 error E000001-002

The copier was in the middle of a print job when it stopped and the screen read E000001-002. It stated to turn the machine off and back on. If the error message did not clear to call a service tech. I cleared the paper jams and turned it off from the side, the back and pulled the plug from the wall. Is there anything I can do or am I stuck buying a $700 fuser and paying $153/hr service call? Any help would be great, thanks. Oh, I have read many post but I was unable to reset by "additional features, *,2,8,*"

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts smiley's Avatar
    just call a tech. in order not to make problem get worse.a lot of things need to be check on this problem. a risk fire is near if we tought you how to reset it.
    there is no glory without sacrifice

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joz View Post
    The copier was in the middle of a print job when it stopped and the screen read E000001-002. It stated to turn the machine off and back on. If the error message did not clear to call a service tech. I cleared the paper jams and turned it off from the side, the back and pulled the plug from the wall. Is there anything I can do or am I stuck buying a $700 fuser and paying $153/hr service call? Any help would be great, thanks. Oh, I have read many post but I was unable to reset by "additional features, *,2,8,*"
    Some errors can just come up and you can just clear them and if everything works fine you don't need to worry about calling a tech. However if clearing it doesn't make the error message go away or you have problems emerge with the copier then you do have a problem.

E001 is an Overheating detection error.

E001-002 - The sub thermistor detects about 295 degrees celsius or higher. You would have got E001-000 for a temperature above 250 degrees.

If E001 tripped accidentally it would be more likely to be an E001-000 code, I think.

From memory errors such as E001, E002, E003 and E019 are all worth trying to clear. If the problems not a glitch the error should come back, but the risk you take is that in the meantime you could make the problem worse.

Let your tech know what the error you've got is. Then the tech can come prepared to hopefully do the job faster than otherwise.

Btw, how big was your print job? If it was a big one you could find that if you had managed to clear the code the error will come back again when you next do a big print job (the copier is likely to be at it's hottest when it's being used a lot rather than idle).

Did you wait 10 seconds before turning the machine back on?

When you went into service mode, did you go to COPIER > FUNCTION > CLEAR > ERR.

Select ERR to highlight, and press OK key.

Turn off the copier using the main power switch (on the right side of copier).
    Wait at least 10 seconds and then turn the copier back on using the main power switch.
    Last edited by bnmand; 06-18-2009 at 01:46 AM.

joz

Do you know the fuser part number?

Quote Originally Posted by bnmand View Post
    Some errors can just come up and you can just clear them and if everything works fine you don't need to worry about calling a tech. However if clearing it doesn't make the error message go away or you have problems emerge with the copier then you do have a problem.

E001 is an Overheating detection error.

E001-002 - The sub thermistor detects about 295 degrees celsius or higher. You would have got E001-000 for a temperature above 250 degrees.

If E001 tripped accidentally it would be more likely to be an E001-000 code, I think.

From memory errors such as E001, E002, E003 and E019 are all worth trying to clear. If the problems not a glitch the error should come back, but the risk you take is that in the meantime you could make the problem worse.

Let your tech know what the error you've got is. Then the tech can come prepared to hopefully do the job faster than otherwise.

Btw, how big was your print job? If it was a big one you could find that if you had managed to clear the code the error will come back again when you next do a big print job (the copier is likely to be at it's hottest when it's being used a lot rather than idle).

Did you wait 10 seconds before turning the machine back on?

When you went into service mode, did you go to COPIER > FUNCTION > CLEAR > ERR.

Select ERR to highlight, and press OK key.

Turn off the copier using the main power switch (on the right side of copier).
    Wait at least 10 seconds and then turn the copier back on using the main power switch.
    It was about a 50 page, 2 copies, print job. The copier is mostly idle all day. It completed the first copies but stopped at the begining of the second copies. Yes I did turn it off and unplug it for over 10 seconds before turning the copier back on. The only thing I haven't done is go into service mode and try to reset it because I don't know how. I have tried entering "additional functions, *, 2, 8, *" but nothing happens. I would like to know if someone can tell me how to get into service mode to reset it in hopes it will work at least until we get the part in. Also, I was told I need to replace the fuser. Can anyone tell me the part number and if this is something we can replace ourselves, which in this office it means me. I do not have a service manual for this machine I only have a users manual. I can tell you it is a Canon IR 2200. Any information would be helpful.
    Last edited by joz; 06-20-2009 at 05:21 AM.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    I don't think the serial matters. I wouldn't post a serial number on a forum (or if I did I'd replace some numbers/letters with other digits). To go into service mode you press the Additional Functions button (has a * on it), then 2 and 8 and then Additional Functions button again(has a * on it). Try pressing 2 and 8 together or pressing 8 very quickly after pressing 2 when you do it. Once you know how to do it, it soon becomes quite natural.

joz
    Thanks, I'll give it a try. I also ordered the service manual for future issues.

The part number is FG6-5712-120, fixing flim ass'y. The fuser unit is located on the left side and must be pulled out in order to replace the fixing flim ass'y. Also you must clear the error code after of before you replace the part.

Screwtape.

Technician
    Code
    E001-0002
    The temperature of the fixing assembly is abnormally high.
    Cause

The reading of the sub thermistor is 295 deg C or more
    continuously for 200 msec.
    Remedy
    Reset the condition in service mode:
    COPIER>FUNCTION>CLEAR>ERR. Replace the sub thermistor.Replace the DC controller PCB.