Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IR-3530 Copier

codarocks

IR-3530 Copier

Hi Community,
    My company has above mention copier, it has scanning copy features. It has network port also,
    According to my Admin I have to configure this IR-3530 copier as a network printer.
    In order to do that I spoke to CANON TECH SUPPORT unfortunately they can't help because warenty expire, even its on lease according to canon tech support I have to call dealer.when I spoke to them they have different story mater fact looks like just they want me to get something else, In which my Admin not intrested.
    Please guy's help me I have to configure this copier as a Network Printer in any circumstances.
    Below paste email from dealer so that you guy's can get some Idea and can help me.
    It is our recommendation that you exchange the IR-3530 copier for the i series model IR-3320i unit that will allow Coda to print, scan and copy.
    This would cost an additional $29/month but would save you a tremendous amount of time and also cut down on your present printer cartridge costs. By scanning many of your records from the copier back in to your computer, you can then free up a lot of space within your present metal files, and just archive these past year's records and keep them in storage.
    We have an account in Brooklyn on North 11th St., called Citistorage, that stores over 3 million boxes of records for many firms in the metro area.
    Your present copier would have to be updated with additional software that would cost over $1500, labor included, and it would still only half accomplish what you are trying to do.
    It would require you to set up the job on your computer, go to the copier and feed in the originals, back to the computer, press print and then back to the copier to get originals back.
    This new lease would replace present copier lease that would normally be over on 11/6/10.
    It was a pleasure speaking with you and please call me for any further assistance.

fact is i can ping from my pc but cant print i need help i have deadline this friday.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar

need more information from you.

Hello codarocks,

The copier although it has a network port built into it does not automatically mean that it can print. The copier needs a few options to be installed that would make it a printer. The copier supported 2 different print options, the UFR II Printer Kit - E3, or the PCL/UFR II Printer Kit - E2.
    Truely the easiest way to see if these kits have been installed, is to remove the 6 screws on the access cover over the main controller, and see if a hard drive is nested on the bottom of that board. If not, then the kits have not been installed, and the copier can not print. That cover is on the rear of the copier, upper right side.

I am not sure, but you may also be able to see if it has print capabilities from the RUI, remote user interface. If you can ping it, you should be able to access RUI by typing the ip of the copier into the address window of your browser and hitting the enter key.

Another thought occurred to me, if the UFRII kit is installed, tryiing to print to it with a PCL driver will not work. Also have you powered the copier off/on since setting the IP address? The copier cannot communicate if this has not occurred.

The ip port is a multi-use port on this copier and it's main reason for being, is so we can load system software on the copier.

It does seem like you have the printer kit installed. Communication as been establish. Have you reinstalled the driver. Start fresh, clear out any other Canon drivers in server properties, ports.. Try a different ip address, make sure DHCP is turned off. Reboot after machine is configured as mrfixit suggested, this is a must. Try to get device status under device settings and apply every setting that done in the print driver. Print out a network user data configuration list, in addition functions under report settings>Network. See if you can scan the document and attach it so that we can see and make sure settings are correct. As for scanning, you will need to go back and forth because the machine has the standard scanning feature which requires you to set it online. Make sure raw settings are correct. I can help and I'm usually in the New york tri state area if you need assistance, give me some contact information.
    My email is: Screwtape5185@yahoo.com or you can post it.

codarocks

Question IR-3530

Hi Everyone,

As you mentioned guy's I did all things like restart, IP settings etc.
    let me tell you as I keep mentioning that I can Ping from cmd but I can't telnet please review enclosed pic's.
    I totally give up with this shit I can't complete my other works, my admin wants me to fix this anyhow why i don't know even we have enough others, now its a matter of reputation guy's do me favor just let me know what thing can make this running please.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

You are missing the hard drive. Its not a printer, you need a printer kit, which comes with a 20GB HDD, memory and a bootrom chip and the HDD must be loaded with firmware using the SST. Software comes with the kit, however you will need a tech to load the firmware.
    Last edited by SCREWTAPE; 06-20-2009 at 03:38 AM.

codarocks
    will you please let me know how much for it like overall price.
    I just spoke to my dealer according to him it that copier it's not possible he was mentioning that you have to perform extra steps can you review once again his email just below part

Your present copier would have to be updated with additional software that would cost over $1500, labor included, and it would still only half accomplish what you are trying to do.
    It would require you to set up the job on your computer, go to the copier and feed in the originals, back to the computer, press print and then back to the copier to get originals back.

Please help-

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    IR-3530 Copier

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWTAPE View Post
    You are missing the hard drive. Its not a printer, you need a printer kit, which comes with a 20GB HDD, memory and a bootrom chip
    Here in the UK I have never seen a 3530 we have 22/28/35/4570 and the newer ones being 20/30/4045 they look the same as your 3530.

But here all copiers have a hard drive regardless of wether they have print or not

We can tell if a copier has print by the two ram chips as all have hard drives.

The print kit consists of a ram module and a boot rom, no hdd ! The newer 2045's have a license key.

How strange............
    Last edited by skynet; 06-22-2009 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by codelocks View Post
    will you please let me know how much for it like overall price.
    I just spoke to my dealer according to him it that copier it's not possible he was mentioning that you have to perform extra steps can you review once again his email just below part

Please help-
    The kit comes with every thing you need, Chances are the cost is going to be about $1500. You are better off upgrading, if your concern about scanning, the newer models have universal send which then you can scan to a file folder on the network and have email capabilities. But I understand that not a option for you. If you would like more information give me your email add. My company can offer you some good deals with service included. I will still like to help you out regardless, seeing that you problem is minor. Its up to you.

Screwtape.

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    Here in the UK I have never seen a 3530 we have 22/28/35/4570 and the newer ones being 20/30/4045 they look the same as your 3530.

But here all copiers have a hard drive regardless of wether they have print or not

We can tell if a copier has print by the two ram chips as all have hard drives.

The print kit consists of a ram module and a boot rom, no hdd ! The newer 2045's have a license key.

How strange............
    The 2230-2830-3530 units were a less expensive entry copier, they looked like the 4570 series except for the smaller mono control panel. I have very few of these myself. They do not need a hard drive to be a copier, but , as in the pictures above, if you see no hardrive nested on the Main Controller board, the device will NEVER print! These units are 3 generations back from present, so licensing onboard is simply not possible.

Could you enlighten me??

Quote Originally Posted by codarocks View Post
    Hi Everyone,

As you mentioned guy's I did all things like restart, IP settings etc.
    let me tell you as I keep mentioning that I can Ping from cmd but I can't telnet please review enclosed pic's.
    Hi Codarocks,
    I saw from the pics as I advised that the hard drive was not present,,, the thing that puzzles me is what use is it to telnet to the device? I was wondering what info you glean from that process? I use the ping & RUI, remote user interface, by typing the copier ip into the browser address bar, and it brings up the RUI. I have never tried telnet. Enquiring minds want to know