Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    parth.dp

Exclamation Can i use any new ide hdd for canon ir3300

Can i use any new ide hdd for canon ir3300 and then install system software using service support tools ? Will it work fine ??

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by parth.dp View Post
    Can i use any new ide hdd for canon ir3300 and then install system software using service support tools ? Will it work fine ??
    No. There is only a limited number of drives in the HDFormat.ift file and not all of these work. Open the HDFormat.ift file included in firmware. Try and either get a drive on the list that works or a drive very similar to one on the list that works.

See the pdf posted by Oze on this for more details. Copytechnet.com

There is no guarantee that this procedure will work on the drive you try, but hopefully it will.

You need a 2.5" IDE hdd. Take a look at the specs of a hdd in the HDFormat list on the internet. Get a hdd from the same manufacturer that is similar. If the hard drive on the list is say e.g. a 40GB hdd, don't get a similar drive with any less space than 40GB.

Use at least HDFormat v13. The latest version I know of is v15.

I would much appreciate it if anyone could let me know the model no of a hdd readily available in Australia at the moment that works with the IR3300 after a modification of the ift file.
    Last edited by bnmand; 06-29-2009 at 02:08 PM.