Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Paper Jam in IR8070

Iam Getting paper jam when the paper enters the fixing assembly not all the times especially when bulk copies. The paper jam occured frequently between 10 papers.I dont know what to do with.The jam code is 10B. i have took the picture of the paper jam. The first one shows the Picture of the jam paper the next paper follows it and stops. The first paper stops when entering heat roller. pls help me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did you open up the fixing ass'y, check gears, bearings..

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Paper Jam in IR8070

How many copies are on the UFR? It should be changed at 500k. Ditto the LFR and all bearings. Check and make sure none of the drive gears have lost teeth or are cracked. Do you hear any unusual noises when the fuser is running? Is the web dry?
    Totoro

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    The Cleaning Web is going to finish Is there any problem with it? What is mean by UFR & LFR I cannot under stand it. No Unusual Sound.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Paper Jam in IR8070

UFR means upper fuser roll, LFR means lower fuser roll. Sometimes if the web goes dry there is not enough oil on the upper fuser roller and the paper sticks to it. 010B code is a delay jam of the paper leaving the fuser and can be caused by a web with not enough oil. I would still check the life on the rollers and bearings and check the gears for cracks and breaks. Good Luck.
    Totoro

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Hi is there any problem lead to paper jam if the Transfer/separation charging unit
    which is fixed in a ring (i attach the photos of the ring) not mounted properly. Some time the unit move from it support. Can any one suggest me how to fix this unit properly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar

One thing to check out...

I just recently saw something similiar to this, check the input drive gear on the front of the fuser on the upper roller. Mine had the lug break off, and the gear would hold about 99% of the time, but would occasionally slip and cause the roll up collision look that you pictured here.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Hi thanks for the reply. The paper jam is happened when the paper mis feed i.e No margin in the paper. the content moved toward front(Nearly 1.5Cm front). I think some gear problem but i could not figure out which gear. Any idea about it.

Copier Psychologist 250+ Posts Kopyrtek's Avatar
    Looks like it maybe time to replace the fixing/feeder deck.You can try to reform the ears on the holder that the bushings sit in but the best thing to do is replace the entire deck.If your image is moving up the page then your registration is the likely culprit.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Hi today i checked the gears there seem tobe no problem in gears. i think the problem is with the registration clutch. Is there any problem with pre Registration Clutch?