Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Canon IR C3200

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tcypy1961's Avatar

Canon IR C3200

From looking at this copier under Buyers Lab I see that it was stated as a copier and as a printer. Both machines looked the same I'm guessing they were used as either primarily a copier or primarily a printer and not both???
    I've been asked to service this copier. As I don't have much training on Canon copiers I have serviced a few various models. Color however I have not really got into. I see that this copier uses a toner and developer. Looking for any service tips and the good bad and ugly on this copier inorder to decide if this is something I want to undertake. There appears to be nothing wrong with the copier at this time. I'm just being asked to go through the copier and check it out.
    Thanks!!!

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Canon IR C3200

If you send me your email address to Paul@justmanuals.com I'll send you a complimentary copy of the service manual. The file is 197mb or so.

Paul@justmanuals.com

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tcypy1961 View Post
    From looking at this copier under Buyers Lab I see that it was stated as a copier and as a printer. Both machines looked the same I'm guessing they were used as either primarily a copier or primarily a printer and not both???
    Hi tcypy1961,
    The only difference between the print ready version and the walkup copier version is the installation of either a print kit, (N boot rom & network system software load) or a C1 printserver on the back of the copier, (which requires the original C boot rom). None of my customers bought the nice color machine to be a copier only. My personal advice is to either decline to service this copier (under no circumstances should you put it under contract), or let the customer decide if they are willing to let you work on it under a best effort basis. The copier is really pretty reliable, but if you get into a bind, it could take a long time to come up with a solution without the training, or the Canon website resources as well as Canon TAC support.

There is a lot of wisdom to be procured on this website, but in the end it is you alone in the trenches to battle the issues for the customer.

A standard service call for an iRC3200 is:
    If it's under a service agreement take a set of drums with you.
    To check the life of the drums got to:SERVICE MODE(hit Additional Functions then 2 and 8 at the same time and Additional Functions again)COPIER/MISC.
    I've seen black drums go to 500+% and usually if I see a drum around that figure I change it.
    Empty the waste toner container....check the life of the fuser in service mode/copier/counters.
    The fusers in these machines can get terribly noisy and I tend not to change them unless the customer complains or there is associated jamming.
    Change or wash the cassette feed/p.u./sep rollers and wash the vertical path rollers in the two lower RH side doors.
    While you're there check those rollers to see whether they are a Grey rubber compound or the older style black compound...if they ARE black you'll need to change them for the grey style as this corrects 0105/0107 jam codes.
    Clean the mirrors and optics under the platten glass and provided there aren't any issues that crop up whilst you're onsite you're all done...30 min service call.