Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    dcpoeo

Canon Color ScanGear Does not Complete

Have a Canon IR C3200 with Fiery C1 controller.

I want to be able to scan a document from the ADF to a Windows XP desktop. The PC pulling it from the C3200.

I have loaded ColorNWSGv243 from the canon site and have installed the driver. I have opened Color Scan Gear and it finds the IR C3200.

I start of a image application. To make things simple I'm using ScanItTo, which is a very simple TWAIN collection software. ScanItTo opens and starts ColorScan Gear, just like I would expect.

I put a document in the ADF, go to Color ScanGear and select SCAN. A small window opens called TRANSFER PAGES. As each page is scanned, the staus of the scan is displayed up to 100% and then it goes to the next page. After scanning the last page the TRANSFER PAGES window says the page number and 100%, but does not close. It looks like it will never close.

If I hit the CANCLE button on the status page, the documents are written to the selected directory on the PC.

What could be causing Color ScanGear to hang during the download? Could it be the C1 controller or a specific configuration of the C3200?

When I use PhotoShop it does the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpoeo View Post
    Have a Canon IR C3200 with Fiery C1 controller.

I want to be able to scan a document from the ADF to a Windows XP desktop. The PC pulling it from the C3200.

I have loaded ColorNWSGv243 from the canon site and have installed the driver. I have opened Color Scan Gear and it finds the IR C3200.

I start of a image application. To make things simple I'm using ScanItTo, which is a very simple TWAIN collection software. ScanItTo opens and starts ColorScan Gear, just like I would expect.

I put a document in the ADF, go to Color ScanGear and select SCAN. A small window opens called TRANSFER PAGES. As each page is scanned, the staus of the scan is displayed up to 100% and then it goes to the next page. After scanning the last page the TRANSFER PAGES window says the page number and 100%, but does not close. It looks like it will never close.

If I hit the CANCLE button on the status page, the documents are written to the selected directory on the PC.

What could be causing Color ScanGear to hang during the download? Could it be the C1 controller or a specific configuration of the C3200?

When I use PhotoShop it does the same thing.
    Disable firewall then test it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts alex@wocltd.com's Avatar
    why dont you use fiery remote scan?

dcpoeo
    Will turn off Firewall and verify.

I have been able to scan and put it in a Mailbox of the Fiery, How do you do a Fiery Remote Scan? Is it through WebTools?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts alex@wocltd.com's Avatar