Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    i have all of canon service+SST

cause their morons.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidj7 View Post
    mrfixit: an E602 serach would turn up a hundred hits with details on what to do, why dont newbies just read it first.
    Some of them are in fact newbies, and don't know how to use the resources at hand, and some are lazy. Some may even become productive members of the site, so I try not to trash them too hard. Even Google will turn up hits on this website if they would only try a little harder...

Service Manager 100+ Posts
    I have 5 versions of SST and 15 different models of system software. One SST and one sys soft is only $20. I have also service manuals...

Smile

Oh good, someone else to get the inane emails asking for it.

what 5 version sst?

Service Manager 100+ Posts CanonHPTech's Avatar
    Hey, justmanuals... I realize your one of the moderators/big shots on here, but just curious where you get off accusing others of asking for free stuff, when you are selling copyrighted materials for a living that you obtained more than likely for free or inexpensive via trades? Please don't give me the, "I'm charging for my time, not the material." It’s a PDF. There really is no time unless you are burning to CD/DVD. And if it is not a copyrighted issue, why can't you freely list Canon manuals on your site? Also, just remember that your site would not make money if it weren't for a few chumps out there (who you complain about) who like to try to fix something they either should not or do not even know the first thing about how it operates.

Trust me, I hate people looking for a hand out as much as the next guy. I don't even give people manuals I have for free (including yourself since you have asked for a few of mine in the past you didn't have). I do not believe that selling manuals is right and honestly, the service manual is not the greatest tool in the bag for fixing any machine. More of a reference. I've been half tempted to write a few myself with the help of the service manual, since the engineers/technical writers do not believe in plastic breaking or any failure for that matter. So that way I am only in trouble for using the brand/model name, not committing copyright infringement and trying to make a profit off of someone else’s material.

I am not trying to bash you completely, but you really have a poor way of talking to people or about people on this site. Continue making your money the way you are, but please do not brag about it.
    The glass maybe half full, but less is more...
    Printer + Fax + Copier = Jack Of Many Trades,
    but Master Of None
    Color Copier = Not A Color Printer
    InkJet MFP = Not A Fax Machine
    B/W Copier = Not A Press
    Finisher = Deal Closer (salesman, not accessory)
    Copier Tech = Admin's Stress Ball (Scapegoat)

I am a business man just like you. Where and how I get my manuals is my business, but like I say on this board, nothing is free. I have never asked you for something for free, I may have asked you to do some trading perhaps though.
    Sometimes what I type isn't the best for my business, but I call it the way I see it and don't pull any punches.

BTW.........I am partially disabled, selling the manuals allows me to somewhat stay in the business, keep my mind occupied and not be a burden on the government or my wife.

Paul@justmanuals.com

mudrat26

Question

Hi all,

I have an MP540 (Out of warranty) and am getting a few strange errors 5100 & 6502, now I have purchased a manual and it states they are encoder issues and ink tank position isues. I have cleaned the inside and strip and it then works for about 100 prints and then it happens again and sometimes does not respond to anything other than leaving it off for a few days which is no good as I use it daily for business purposes. I mainly use epson R models so Canons are abit forign to me, I can get it into Service mode but then the service manual says Start the Service Tool on the connected computer which I'm assuming is this sst programme similar to the SIS I have for my epsons. I got no such programme with the manual and the person is not replying to my emails now. I'm happy to pay for this service tool if need be as I'd also like to check usage out as I think my waste pads may need changing soon too. I'm very well versed in epson R models not an expert but I certainly know how to get the most out of them and can combat most errors so I'm happy to share on that front no problems just totally stuck on this canon problem, any ideas any one , thanks in advance mudrat26

Service Manager 100+ Posts CanonHPTech's Avatar
    Not quite the right place to post this... the SST that is being mentioned here is for the Canon ImageRunner copiers. Your SST is slightly different. Let me look around for some info to see if you are on the right path.
    The glass maybe half full, but less is more...
    Printer + Fax + Copier = Jack Of Many Trades,
    but Master Of None
    Color Copier = Not A Color Printer
    InkJet MFP = Not A Fax Machine
    B/W Copier = Not A Press
    Finisher = Deal Closer (salesman, not accessory)
    Copier Tech = Admin's Stress Ball (Scapegoat)

mudrat26
    Thanks mate, I'm at my wits end