Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Nassouha

Question IR3300 Not printing

One of my clients bought Canon iR3300 from a local vendor and asked me to connect it to the network.

All is setup and the networking seems to work. I can ping, see it on Net Spot and poll the copier to see what additional options are installed on it.

I can not however, get it to print, I could see the print job flash across the screen, but it never prints.

If I go into service mode, then press 'copier', then 'version' hit the down arrow on the screen and I'll see an entry labeled, 'PS/PCL'. That entry shows what version of PS and PCL are installed. Mine shows --,-- .

I new that I need to install Networked system software,

Is this correct? Do I need the SST to do so?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Nassouh A View Post
    One of my clients bought Canon iR3300 from a local vendor and asked me to connect it to the network.

All is setup and the networking seems to work. I can ping, see it on Net Spot and poll the copier to see what additional options are installed on it.

I can not however, get it to print, I could see the print job flash across the screen, but it never prints.

If I go into service mode, then press 'copier', then 'version' hit the down arrow on the screen and I'll see an entry labeled, 'PS/PCL'. That entry shows what version of PS and PCL are installed. Mine shows --,-- .

I new that I need to install Networked system software,

Is this correct? Do I need the SST to do so?

Thanks in advance
    You've nailed it.
    Just flash the machine with the correct firmware
    and check the bootrom. Upgrade the bootrom as well.

Yes you would need SST to upgrade, Give in take you might
    also need USB parrallel cable that must be purchase from canon
    or from somebody who is selling one. If your laptop has a parrallel port then your ok, any bi-centronic cable will do. If you only have USB ports then you would need that cable from canon. Or you can place a service call.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    As Screwtape suggested check the version of the BOOT-ROM. This should have a N at the end of the number. If it doesn't you'll need to take out the C BOOT-ROM and put a N BOOT-ROM in the machine (this must be installed to be able to install networked firmware). Use the latest firmware (I believe this is 45.01). Run the Networked ALL batch file. This should upgrade system software, boot rom, rui and language all in one go provided you've registered the appropriate files. If and only if the optional fax board is installed register the latest G3Fax firmware and install that on the copier as well.

If your laptop does not have a parallel port (must have one that supports ECP mode) and you don't have a nethawk cable you could:
    1. Get a bi-centronics cable
    2. Put SST installer and firmware on a usb stick.
    3. Use one of your client computers (preferably running with XP, laptop would be nice, but can use desktop) with parallel port set to support ECP mode (usually set in BIOS e.g. pressing F10 on startup, check what computer says on screen when booting).
    4. Connect usb stick to computer, install SST on client machine and register firmware.
    5. etc.

Your client may find the RUI useful (http://ipaddressofcopier)

As well as printing a networked IR3300 can also do pull scanning using the Canon Network ScanGear Tool (if interested download the software freely available on Canon's site, B&W not Colour as this machine scans in B&W, I use v2.21, read the manual that comes with the software and if you have any more questions feel free to ask. I recommend using this with Adobe Acrobat Standard/Professional but you can use other programs if you prefer).
    Last edited by bnmand; 08-14-2009 at 02:46 PM.