Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blank screen

Technician

Blank screen

afternoon have an IRC 5185 the when I turn the Copier on I get a white screen, if I open the Fixing Unit door and turn the copier on it boots. I can see the screen the with the diagram asking me to close the Fixing Unit door, when the door is close the blank screen comes back. Is it safe to say the the Fixing Unit is faulty and replace it?

Thanks

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaw View Post
    afternoon have an IRC 5185 the when I turn the Copier on I get a white screen, if I open the Fixing Unit door and turn the copier on it boots. I can see the screen the with the diagram asking me to close the Fixing Unit door, when the door is close the blank screen comes back. Is it safe to say the the Fixing Unit is faulty and replace it?

Thanks
    Stupid question. But is it plugged in correctly at both ends? The amount of dead panels I've come across, that are the result of a connector not pushed in tight. All my own fault. Generally when replacing Key Tops.

What happens when you switch on with the door open and sensor cheated?

Service Manager 100+ Posts
    Blank Screen again...Remove the bootrom...rub it with pencil eraser also the RAM...it happens all the time...

Technician

Thanks

will try and cheat the door sensor and see what happen and also clean the copper tips of the Rom and the Ram and see what happens, and I will double check the plugs.

thank you guys

Copier Psychologist 250+ Posts Kopyrtek's Avatar
    Chaw,
    I hope this is a different machine than the one you posted earlier about.Check the contacts on the fixing unit connector.If you push the fixing unit and then the trouble begins, i would start with the fixing unit.

Technician
    Ok thanks what I did was I changed out the Fixing Unit and that solved the issue for about a day. Now I am getting an E0070-0001 asking me to replace the Fixing Unit I just dont understand.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar
    upon installation of the fixing unit, two service modes need to be performed for the limits of belt travel. Just wondering if those modes were performed. I believe they are under install.

Technician
    Fixing Upper Belt and Fixing Lower Belt adjust come to think about it i cant remember doing it. is that what caused the E007-0001 code, did I just waste a Fixing Unit hope not.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaw View Post
    Ok thanks what I did was I changed out the Fixing Unit and that solved the issue for about a day. Now I am getting an E0070-0001 asking me to replace the Fixing Unit I just dont understand.
    Ok. How does the Fixer kill the Panel? Trapped cable in the fixer?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar
    Those adjustments are to be performed upon replacing the fixing unit.
    Canon has issued a few bulletins for this eror code, as fusers were getting replaced "prematurely". They deal with e 007 codes and field measures.
    Since the fuser is new this might be of some help.