Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Canon IR C5180 H1 Print Server Issues

Somebody please help. I have a customer that has a Canon IR C5180 Color Copier with an H1 Print Server. I'm trying to set it up on their network but cant access the server to install tcp/ip settings. In trying to access the server through the copiers control panel (printer tab-printer status/settings) all i get is the wait a moment screen that never changes. Server powers up, the server display reads 00 and i'm getting all network status lights. I've checked all service modes settings that i can think of to make sure server and nic card are activated. Is there a way to install these settings other than through the control panel? From what i was told this machine was connected to a network prior to being moved here without any issues. Thanks in advance.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    can you log into it via crossover.does it have FF ON LED DISPLAY.

It does not have FF on LED display. Its reading 00. As far as logging in via crossover please explain. This is my first time working with a print server. I am familiar with using a crossover cable directly to a multi-pdl network card. Is it similar. Sorry for lack of experience on server. Thanks.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    hi,there are two network ports on the fiery-have you plugged the short netwok cable into the correct copier port on fiery.one is for copier and one for network they are both labelled.

Yes. Network cable goes next to usb ports and cable to copier is the one furthest away from usb ports. What are the leds suppose to show. Does 00 mean there's a problems. Thanks.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Canon IR C5180 H1 Print Server Issues

Have you tried an MMI clear, *service mode* /function/clear/MMI ?

No i haven't. What info. will i lose. Will a DC Con P Print record what may be lost so i have a backup. Will try. Thanks.

Service Manager 100+ Posts
    When it says "Wait" so you can wait for about five minutes. If it doesn't change, unplug the cables then put it back. You must have patience with this fiery ...

Technical Support Manager 50+ Posts welshman's Avatar
    reload the system software for the rip this will work unless the hard disk us

laptop size drive and you can use any make not like the copiers

Thanks Guys. I did wait for the "wait" screen right up till it reset back to home screen. I've already reseated cables a couple of times. As far as re-installing the fiery software, please explain. This is my first experience with a print server. Is it installed into copier or directly into print server. I have software and crossover cable. If i could get step by step instructions it would be very helpful. I'm guessing after that it would allow you to set the fiery back up with new password and settings. Keep in mind that this came from another location so i have no backup information as far as old ip address or password. Thanks again.