Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: IRC3200

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

IRC3200

I know the IRC3200 uses Print kit A1 and the IRC3220 uses Print kit A2, what I need to know is if the Print kit A2 will work on an IRC3200. Thanks for any input.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar

My 2 cents worth...

Quote Originally Posted by irtek View Post
    I know the IRC3200 uses Print kit A1 and the IRC3220 uses Print kit A2, what I need to know is if the Print kit A2 will work on an IRC3200. Thanks for any input.
    My educated guess would be ,, no, there would be no need to have 2 different kits for these machines if there was no logical need for them. The machines are mostly similiar, but they are not the same.

Mr fixit is correct, there are not the same. The C3220 is meap embedded, firmware is different, main controller also is different.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Thanks for the replies. What Screwtape said I can accept, but mrfixot51 please don't take this the wrong way, what Canon does is not always logical. They do things to sell more. When the IR8500 came out they sent me a training package to certify me on it. In the package they said the drum charges were opposite polarity of the IR600 so it used a different drum and toner. A few months later they come out with a "new drum" that would work in both machines. They still sell the different toners, but the only difference is the tab molded on the cartridge to keeps you from putting one in the other machine. If you cut the tab off the toner works perfectly in either machine.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar

don't take this the wrong way...

Quote Originally Posted by irtek View Post
    Thanks for the replies. What Screwtape said I can accept, but mrfixot51 please don't take this the wrong way, what Canon does is not always logical.
    No offense taken, I had that same thought after I had posted my response. But we have so many newbies and customers posting here that I decided to keep it plain and simple. Your posting credentials showed you as a newbie, so I treated my response that way. I find that there are far smarter people on this board than I , I count Screwtape among that crowd. Welcome to the forum, we are looking forward to the enlightenment you may bring our way!