Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

iR5000 finisher problem

hi to all the readers

i got an iR5000 which has a problem in finisher. first error come out are e532 and e535 which i resolve it. and now new error comes out which is e505-0001. which it means (based on my error codes):

E505 : the EEPROM is faulty. The finisher controller PCB is faulty. The puncher driver PCB is faulty.

Now my question is, what do you mean by EEPROM. I know its an acronym which is every letter hat its meaning. And where i can find those puncher? is it in above part of the finisher or in bottom?

Hopefully anybody can attach a pic (finisher) showing where i can find that error.

Thanks.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts smiley's Avatar
    hi try to remove the puncher its attach betwen finisher and machine.eprom means errasable programable memory.im sorry if i cant attach a picture of puncher.
    there is no glory without sacrifice

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    It's been a few years since I last worked on the finisher for the 5000, but That code (in general terms) usually related to the master and slave EPROM's. The slave is the EPROM the finisher runs on and the master is the one you use to re-write the slave. You can try going thru the finisher adjustments one at a time in the order the book lists them. Often something happened that caused the slave to "forget" its settings and can be redone just by going thru the basic adjustment procedure. If that will fix it it has to be done in order and by the book. It is not forgiving when it comes to skipping a step. But like smiley said, if you can eliminate the puncher it might save you some time.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    I don't have a pic for it, but if you look at the finisher controller there should be a "chip" on the PCB. I believe there is a small chip (the slave) and a larger chip (the master). But if the adjustment works I wouldn't worry about where the chips are. The Chips are removeable; they should not be soldered in.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thanks to reply both of you guys. And now I'll go back to check and i will post again if its ok.

Thanks again