Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Registration issues--ir3025

Hello again, folks. I was wondering if anyone had seen any issues with the ir3025s that involved varying registration? I have one that will print several pages correctly and then intermittently the registration will shift towards the rear of the page from 1/2 inch to 2 1/2 inches. I've replaced all feed rollers in all trays (as this occurred from all feed stations) and also the vertical path rollers in trays 1 & 2. I've also lubricated all points in the machine along the feed path to insure there weren't any idler rollers causing drag, although there are only a couple before registration. Registration seems to be functioning properly, also, and this is were I'm banging my head. Could the one-ways in the feed stations that drive the vertical path rollers cause this? I'm on my way to look into the registration drive now, I'll check back later to see if anyone has replied.

Thanks for any assistance.
    VectorLinux---Check it out!

Found it.....The registration clutch was pretty much a nice shade of orange red. Rust is a fabulous lubricant sometimes.

Cleaned and buffed the clutch plate surfaces and all is now well. I've never had a Canon registration clutch fail, but then again I've not seen all that many Canons.

Quote Originally Posted by pspahr View Post
    Hello again, folks. I was wondering if anyone had seen any issues with the ir3025s that involved varying registration? I have one that will print several pages correctly and then intermittently the registration will shift towards the rear of the page from 1/2 inch to 2 1/2 inches. I've replaced all feed rollers in all trays (as this occurred from all feed stations) and also the vertical path rollers in trays 1 & 2. I've also lubricated all points in the machine along the feed path to insure there weren't any idler rollers causing drag, although there are only a couple before registration. Registration seems to be functioning properly, also, and this is were I'm banging my head. Could the one-ways in the feed stations that drive the vertical path rollers cause this? I'm on my way to look into the registration drive now, I'll check back later to see if anyone has replied.

Thanks for any assistance.
    I know this might be a silly question. Have you check the guides in the trays, make sure they are set up for the correct paper size and also the dial that on the cassette.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pspahr View Post
    Found it.....The registration clutch was pretty much a nice shade of orange red. Rust is a fabulous lubricant sometimes.

Cleaned and buffed the clutch plate surfaces and all is now well. I've never had a Canon registration clutch fail, but then again I've not seen all that many Canons.
    That registration clutch is mounted in the main drive cluster down in the bottom left corner of the machine when viewed from the back, right? I will have to eyeball that rascal the next time I am down in that region.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit51 View Post
    That registration clutch is mounted in the main drive cluster down in the bottom left corner of the machine when viewed from the back, right? I will have to eyeball that rascal the next time I am down in that region.
    Correct, that's the area. To get to the clutch you must remove that drive section, which wasn't all that bad to do.