Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Technician
    well, today i received a call from the same customer regarding the e007. again film teared and i can sure the floor level is even. fixing film assembly,pressure roller changed. the only thing come to mind is the frame itself, i remember the unit fell on ground when i am replacing the unit. i am really sure it's the frame deformed due to my mistake. now the only way is to order a new fixing assembly. if you are asking why i am so careless the answer would be the location. i know i shouldn't make excuses but at the customer place there aren't any table to use. so i worked on the floor with one hand holding the assembly.

Technician
    it's definitely the fixing unit frame, the fixing film i changed 2 weeks ago teared again. pressure roller changed and i remember the fixing assembly dropped on the ground during assembling. it's my mistake though. the deformed frame causing uneven pressure thus lead to film failure. the only solution now is to order a new fixing assembly. T_T (my boss gonna kill me!) let's keep this a secret between us

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    The paste that dries out is actualy heat transfer paste. It does dry out but shouldnt effect the function of your fixing unit. If you are getting an E007 this would meen that the film does not rotate at the right speed. If you are not getting an E007 their is something else is causing the jam. Try swiching paper to A4R/ltrR and make a copy. You must confirm that it is the fuser causing the jam. What jam code

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Ch1t happens

Unhappy That's not right paste...

Quote Originally Posted by gerhard View Post
    the paste that dries out is actualy heat transfer paste. It does dry out but shouldnt effect the function of your fixing unit. If you are getting an e007 this would meen that the film does not rotate at the right speed. If you are not getting an e007 their is something else is causing the jam. Try swiching paper to a4r/ltrr and make a copy. You must confirm that it is the fuser causing the jam. What jam code

oh..
    Whenever dry out paste.. Film paper cannot rotate such speed. Then paper cannot out it timingly.. When film paste dry out.. Paper jam inthe unit. Jam says paper jam in fixing unit..
    I remove the fixing unit and rotate manually . It will very tightly roataing that to film cannot rotate. Pressure roller three times rotate film paper rotate one time. How it is????
    Then ...
    I can remove fixing unit remove film paper and removes dry out paste, ican apply new paste then fix as it is.
    It can worked some more copies. Approx 5000 to 7000 copies.. After again jam start in the fixing unit. Like do as well as.

Main thing is here may apply the paste is not right paste..
    Here suppliers are more greases selling. Each grease amount to says 300 to 500 rupees..
    I can apply all type of greases/pastes. But all pastes are not worked properly......

What to do.......

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SESHU View Post
    oh..
    Whenever dry out paste.. Film paper cannot rotate such speed. Then paper cannot out it timingly.. When film paste dry out.. Paper jam inthe unit. Jam says paper jam in fixing unit..
    I remove the fixing unit and rotate manually . It will very tightly roataing that to film cannot rotate. Pressure roller three times rotate film paper rotate one time. How it is????
    Then ...
    I can remove fixing unit remove film paper and removes dry out paste, ican apply new paste then fix as it is.
    It can worked some more copies. Approx 5000 to 7000 copies.. After again jam start in the fixing unit. Like do as well as.

Main thing is here may apply the paste is not right paste..
    Here suppliers are more greases selling. Each grease amount to says 300 to 500 rupees..
    I can apply all type of greases/pastes. But all pastes are not worked properly......

What to do.......
    Try using the heat transfer paste that they use to mount heatsinks with. You should be able to buy it from any electronic shop. Service (clean)the thermal head first and then apply grease. Chech your fixing temperature setting as well in service mode.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    Try using the heat transfer paste that they use to mount heatsinks with. You should be able to buy it from any electronic shop. Service (clean)the thermal head first and then apply grease. Chech your fixing temperature setting as well in service mode.
    Hi Gerhard,

I don't know that using heat transfer paste, like that used on cpu heatsinks, would be a good idea. While it has excellent thermal transfer properties, it's use is for stationary objects. Lubricity is another quality of the thermal grease used in the fixing film assemblies, and I can't imagine that the heat transfer paste has any of that quality accounted for...

It is this lack of lubricity that is stalling out the fixing films, causing jams and torn films...

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by gerhard View Post
    try using the heat transfer paste that they use to mount heatsinks with. You should be able to buy it from any electronic shop. Service (clean)the thermal head first and then apply grease. Chech your fixing temperature setting as well in service mode.

hi.. Thank you for reply gerhard...

O.k i am asking in electronic shop about heat sink paste. 4 months back. He says this is limited heat control. No way for control highest range of heat. So i canot take the pate. And forget also about that paste.

O.k you says its now again . Now i can buy the paste.
    Whatever it may be when apply that paste. If the paste is success for dry out film . Half of the compalint is solved.

Wait and see for the result.

Any way thank you gerhard..

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit51 View Post
    Hi Gerhard,

I don't know that using heat transfer paste, like that used on cpu heatsinks, would be a good idea. While it has excellent thermal transfer properties, it's use is for stationary objects. Lubricity is another quality of the thermal grease used in the fixing film assemblies, and I can't imagine that the heat transfer paste has any of that quality accounted for...

It is this lack of lubricity that is stalling out the fixing films, causing jams and torn films...
    Hi Mrfixit
    I have used the paste in an Ir2270 and Ir3530 and have not had a come back (2 months). I improvise when needed Sometimes it works and some times not. Thanks for your comment

Regards

Gerhard

Seshu, I'm sorry but to me it looks like you don't want to take any advice. Parts go bad. Units go bad. Heat changes things. Taking a unit apart 7-8 times may stress parts. You act as though we should fix your problem. Its your problem.