Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Unhappy Ir 4570 film paper dryout???

Hi frnds..

1. My ir 4570 film paper every time tears in oneside.. I am checking every thing filmpaper assy. Each film comes into 50,000 copies.

O.k.

2. Film paper inside grease attempt and newely install the film paper. That grease dry out after 10,000 to 15,000 copies ,, after i can remove film paper assy and again apply to grease again insert the film paper.. Every time apply the (white) grease. Other wise film paper cannot move freely and paper jams into film paper assy.

Any solution is there for these 2 problems. I am very suffer for this problem.

( i cannot touch / adjust presure roller screws, why beacuse if any new problem comes into film paper assy)

give me reply frnds.......

Technician
    hello there, i am facing this fixing film tearing problem too. but the usage of each fixing film can last up to 100k. i have adjusted the pressure screw before but it won't work. try replacing the pressure roller,bushing and bearing of the pressure roller. if the contact between the film and roller aren't tight enough the film won't rotate and causes jam or film teared.

Technician
    today i went to do the ir3570 with fixing film teared, previously i replaced the fixing film assembly with genuine one but the film didn't rotate. today i went and changed the pressure roller and the film rotated. so my conclusion would be the pressure roller,bushing and the bearing should be replaced as a set. hope my opinion helps

O.k .thankyou for replying dlucas..

First of all can i adjust pressure roller screws ..
    If problem after then continues then try to change the pressure roller.

O.k. Tell me your sugestion..

Technician
    you can try adjust the pressure screw but need the right tool. make sure you mark it before adjusting and do nip check.

Yesterday also film paper teared...
    Again changed new film paper...

I can do fallow your sugestion very urgent...

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SESHU View Post
    Yesterday also film paper teared...
    Again changed new film paper...

I can do fallow your sugestion very urgent...
    You can keep chasing this elusive problem with fixing films, or replace the entire fixing assembly and be done with it. I know we all tend to try to keep costs down, but sooner or later, the solution will turn out to be addressed with the assembly. In the meantime, your customer has to endure this downtime while you seek the solution to their problem, and they may very well decide to rid themselves of the problem by either a different machine, or different tech working on the problem.

O.k .. I agree with your solution...

I have one doubt.. Problem is film paper tears. So only for this problem change in to entire assembly. How it is.. That film paper assembley is completed dead when the film paper tears problem started????

In any way no solution is there for remake the assembly.
    Why film paper tears?????
    Where is main cause for film paper tears ??????

If you know the total entire film paper assembly.
    You know the answer also...

Tell me mr fixit....

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SESHU View Post
    O.k .. I agree with your solution...

I have one doubt.. Problem is film paper tears. So only for this problem change in to entire assembly. How it is.. That film paper assembley is completed dead when the film paper tears problem started????

In any way no solution is there for remake the assembly.
    Why film paper tears?????
    Where is main cause for film paper tears ??????

If you know the total entire film paper assembly.
    You know the answer also...

Tell me mr fixit....
    If you agree with my solution, then implement it. I don't have the time in my days to fight every battle down to the last small detail. I operate under a productivity model that encourages positive results, cost is a consideration, but labor is not cheap either, so at some point in this seemingly endless battle over what is causing the problem, I will give up and replace the assembly.

You may have to replace the pressure roller, bushings, clean roller, fixing film, and try adjusting pressure, which I never touch, to get to the point where it would have been less expensive when you factor in the labor time on this problem machine, where it will cost you less to replace the entire fuser in less time and move on to your next service call. Some calls are cheap, some calls are expensive, that is the way of life...

How many clicks on the machine.
    The fixing ass'y is only good for about 240K.