Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

How many trays do you have? "Let's just say you have two"
    When you go into paper select what sizes do you see?
    A4,A4-RA3,B4,LTR,LTR-R,LGL,11x17. What do you see.. Have you checked the inch size switch on the side of the cassette next to th blue dial, you A/B and then inch. There has to be a wrong setting some where.

i have 4 cassetes. 1. A4, 2.A4R , 3.LGL, 4.A3.
    YOU KNOW MY MECHINE WORKING ADF WHEN IAM TAKING NEW ONE. ALL SIZES COORECTLY PRINTED. NOW A DAYS IAM USING MOSTLY A4 ONLY. BUT RECENTLY I HAVE TRY TO USE A LGL COPIES . BUT PRINT ITS COME MIIDLE OF PAGE.

ON THE GLASS IS CORRECLTY PRINTED. WHEN IAM MAKE A COPY THROUGH ADF.
    ONLY LGL AND A4 R PRINTING STARTING ANY TRAY OR BY PASS TRAY ALSO MIDDILE OF PAGE PRINTING.

WHAT TO DO??????????

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar

One more try...

Quote Originally Posted by SESHU View Post
    ON THE GLASS IS CORRECLTY PRINTED. WHEN IAM MAKE A COPY THROUGH ADF.
    ONLY LGL AND A4 R PRINTING STARTING ANY TRAY OR BY PASS TRAY ALSO MIDDILE OF PAGE PRINTING.

WHAT TO DO??????????
    When you are making copies thru the ADF, are you selecting the paper to be copied onto, or is the selection set to AUTO?

Try it on AUTO,, if it feeds shorter paper than your original, then the problem lies in your ADF, because it cannot sense the paper length. Check your entry tray length sensors,, they both should be activated by legal paper or longer.

Quote Originally Posted by smiley View Post
    hi you have to set the feeder to A4.go to service mode then go feeder function then press try-A4 then ok then adjust feeder guid toA4R and press try-A4R then ok then do it in all paper size follws.gud luck
    Did you try this yet?
    It sounds like you might have
    to initialize your ADF tray settings.

Question How can i try this method ???

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWTAPE View Post
    Did you try this yet?
    It sounds like you might have
    to initialize your ADF tray settings.
    HI..
    HOW CAN I TRY THIS METHOD????????

how can i check A4 R AND LGL..

IN FEEDER FUNCTION DISPLAYS. TRY A4,TRY A5R,TRY LTR,TRY LTR R ONLY ...
    THERE IS NO DIAPLAY TRY A4 R AND LGL AND A3 ...

HOW CAN I ADJUST AND HOW CAN I SET IN THESE OPTIONS WHAT YOU SAID AND ABOUT MY PROBLEM...
    MY PROBLEM IS PRINTING STARTED A4 R AND LGL... ANY (WITH OUT A4) MIDDLE PAGE OF THE COPY PAPER..
    HALF PAGE WHITE AND HALF PAGE COPY PRINTED..

AND HOW CAN I INTIALIZE ADF SETTINGS?????????

GIVE ME REPLY FRND...

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit51 View Post
    When you are making copies thru the ADF, are you selecting the paper to be copied onto, or is the selection set to AUTO?

Try it on AUTO,, if it feeds shorter paper than your original, then the problem lies in your ADF, because it cannot sense the paper length. Check your entry tray length sensors,, they both should be activated by legal paper or longer.
    HI...
    I CAN TRY WHAT YOU SAYS.......

PROBLEM LIKE AS IT IS COMMING...CANNOT IMPROVE AND CANNOT ACTIVATED??????

In auto paper select mode thru adf

when you are making copies thru the adf, are you selecting the paper to be copied onto, or is the selection set to auto?

Try it on auto,, if it feeds shorter paper than your original, then the problem lies in your adf, because it cannot sense the paper length. Check your entry tray length sensors,, they both should be activated by legal paper or longer.
    hi.. MR FIXIT..

In auto paper select mode thru adf .....

I can put in to a4r paper in adf and set to guide a4r. And paper select set in to auto. O.k then press start key.. It will take a scan just moving paper then it will ask load the ltr R paper....auto set it will go to lgl tray displays.

Next one ..

I can put into lgl paper and set to guide lgl in adf then set to auto paper select .then press start key as well as just moving ..it will ask load the 11x17 size paper .. Auto select goes to a3 tray displays...

What to do????

[[i think in CASE IN feeder function cannot set to a4r ,lgl,a3 PAPER sizes.,, THAT Y CANNOT DETECT OTHER SIZES]]

how can i find out??????
    AND WHAT TO DO FOR BETTER RESULT...

please reply for solution.........

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    Service mode

Feeder

Function

TRY-A4 , set width guides to A4 marks, (place A4 paper in the tray) the O.K. Button

TRY-A5R , set width guides to A5R marks, (place A5R paper in the tray) the O.K. Button

TRY-LTR , set width guides to LTR marks, (place LTR paper in the tray) the O.K. Button

TRY-LTRR , set width guides to LTRR marks, (place LTRR paper in the tray) the O.K. Button

This is how the width adjustment is performed. The length is determined by the 2 senor flags on the right side of the entry tray.

Service mode

Feeder

Function

TRY-A4 , set width guides to A4 marks, (place A4 paper in the tray) the O.K. Button

TRY-A5R , set width guides to A5R marks, (place A5R paper in the tray) the O.K. Button

TRY-LTR , set width guides to LTR marks, (place LTR paper in the tray) the O.K. Button

TRY-LTRR , set width guides to LTRR marks, (place LTRR paper in the tray) the O.K. Button

This is how the width adjustment is performed. The length is determined by the 2 senor flags on the right side of the entry tray.
    iam check what ever you says...
    all 4 results are o.k.

but...

I WANT MAKE A COPIES THRU ADF A4 ,LGL, A4R ,A3 COPIES....

I DONT USE WHAT U CHOOSE PAPER SIZES..

then how can you adjust above you choose paper sizes.. then to my paper sizes..

in function mode there are a4, a5r, ltr,ltrr sizes only displays..

but there is no display other sizes...

so what to do mr fixit.......
    Last edited by SESHU; 12-01-2009 at 05:43 AM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ir 4570 copies through out adf lgl size cannot come clearly?????

okay people we have small communication problem.The paper seshu is refering to LGL/Legal .The length of the paper is different from what canon knows as LGL. I had the same problem with ADF in 605 onwards. We have somehow managed to work around the problem.I'll check and get the details.if what i assume is correct then in copy .5 inch from the trailing edge would be erased.

Why its not working in A3 i have no idea. So either his adf has a problem or someone has screwed up the settings.

my suggestion to seshu is first forget about LGL ,try to get A4R and A3 correct , check your adf in another machine if you have.